Welcome to the charming village of Rowley, nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale is steeped in history and surrounded by the stunning landscapes of the Yorkshire Wolds. With its picturesque church, traditional English pubs, and tranquil walking trails, Rowley offers a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply seeking a peaceful retreat, Rowley, East Yorkshire is a destination that promises a unique and memorable experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Rowley
- Rowley is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 2 miles west of the town of Little Weighton.
- Rowley is part of the civil parish of Rowley.
- The village is known for its historic church, St Peter’s, which dates back to the 12th century.
- Rowley was historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire until 1974.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a popular spot for walkers and nature lovers.
- Rowley is a quiet, rural village with a small population.
- The village is named after the rowan trees that once grew abundantly in the area.
- Rowley is home to a number of listed buildings, including the Grade II listed Rowley Manor.
- The village has a strong sense of community, with regular events and activities for residents.
Rowley on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Rowley, East Yorkshire
Where is Rowley, East Yorkshire located?
Rowley is a small village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles west of the town of Little Weighton and 9 miles west of the city of Kingston upon Hull.
What are some notable attractions in Rowley, East Yorkshire?
Rowley is known for its beautiful countryside views, historic church of St Peter’s, and its close proximity to the Humber Bridge and the city of Kingston upon Hull.
What is the population of Rowley, East Yorkshire?
The population of Rowley is quite small, with less than 500 residents as per the latest census.
After exploring the charming village of Rowley, East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The bustling city of Hull, known for its vibrant cultural scene, is just a short drive away. Here, you can visit the award-winning Hull Maritime Museum, explore the historic Old Town, or enjoy a performance at Hull Truck Theatre. Alternatively, head to Beverley, a picturesque market town famous for its stunning Minster and historic racecourse. Nature lovers should not miss a trip to the Yorkshire Wolds, an area of outstanding natural beauty with rolling hills and peaceful woodland. For a seaside escape, the coastal towns of Bridlington and Scarborough offer beautiful beaches and traditional British seaside fun.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.