Welcome to Scholes, a small village on the edge of Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire. This quaint location is known for its rich history, picturesque landscapes, and friendly community. Scholes offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and easy accessibility to nearby urban centres, making it an ideal destination for visitors seeking a peaceful retreat without being too far from the hustle and bustle. With its traditional stone-built houses, well-preserved local heritage, and a variety of walking trails, Scholes provides a genuine taste of West Yorkshire’s countryside charm.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Scholes, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
- Scholes is a village located in the metropolitan borough of Kirklees, West Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the larger town of Cleckheaton.
- The village is situated approximately 5 miles south of Bradford.
- Scholes is a part of the Spen Valley, which is known for its rich industrial history.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, offering numerous walking and cycling routes.
- Scholes has a population of around 2,000 people.
- The village has a local cricket club, Scholes Cricket Club, which is a part of the Bradford Cricket League.
- Scholes has a primary school, Scholes Village Primary School, which serves the local community.
- The village is served by a local bus service, providing connections to nearby towns and cities.
- Scholes is known for its strong sense of community, with several local events and festivals held throughout the year.
Schole on the map
FAQs About Scholes, Cleckheaton
Where is Scholes, Cleckheaton located?
Scholes, Cleckheaton is located in West Yorkshire, England.
What is Scholes, Cleckheaton known for?
Scholes, Cleckheaton is a small village known for its peaceful environment, beautiful landscapes, and its close-knit community. It’s a part of the larger Cleckheaton town which is known for its rich industrial history.
How can I get to Scholes, Cleckheaton?
Scholes, Cleckheaton is accessible by road from major cities in West Yorkshire. The nearest train station is in Bradford, which is about 8 miles away. From there, you can take a taxi or a local bus to reach Scholes.
Where Next after Scholes, Cleckheaton?
Having visited the charming village of Scholes in Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling city of Leeds, known for its vibrant shopping scene and rich industrial heritage. You could also explore the historic town of Huddersfield, home to the impressive Victoria Tower and beautiful Greenhead Park. Alternatively, head to the picturesque countryside of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, where you can enjoy stunning landscapes and quaint villages. Don’t miss out on visiting the iconic city of York, with its magnificent Minster, ancient city walls, and the fascinating Jorvik Viking Centre. All these destinations offer a unique taste of what Yorkshire has to offer.