Welcome to South Crosland, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This quaint locale is known for its picturesque landscapes, rich history, and friendly community. South Crosland offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and easy access to urban amenities, making it an ideal destination for visitors seeking a peaceful retreat without being too far from the hustle and bustle. With its stunning countryside views, historic landmarks, and close proximity to the vibrant towns of Huddersfield and Holmfirth, South Crosland truly offers a unique Yorkshire experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – South Crosland, West Yorkshire
- South Crosland is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the civil parish of South Crosland.
- The village is situated approximately 2 miles south of Huddersfield.
- South Crosland is part of the Metropolitan Borough of Kirklees.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, offering numerous walking and cycling routes.
- It is home to the historic St. Thomas Church, which dates back to the 19th century.
- South Crosland was historically a part of the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- The village is known for its community spirit, with several local events held throughout the year.
- South Crosland has a number of local amenities including a primary school, a pub, and a village hall.
- The village is well-connected to other parts of West Yorkshire via public transport, with regular bus services to Huddersfield and other nearby towns.
South Crosland on the map
FAQs About South Crosland
Where is South Crosland located?
South Crosland is located on the moors between Huddersfield and Oldham, in West Yorkshire, a county in the northern part of England.
What is South Crosland known for?
South Crosland is a quiet, residential area known for its beautiful countryside views and close proximity to the town of Huddersfield. It’s a great place for those who enjoy peaceful, rural living.
What are the transportation options in South Crosland, West Yorkshire?
South Crosland is well-served by local bus services that connect it to nearby towns and cities. The nearest train station is located in Huddersfield, providing further connections to the rest of the UK.
Where Next after South Crosland?
Having visited the charming village of South Crosland in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling town of Huddersfield, known for its Victorian architecture and rich history. Here, you can explore the Huddersfield Art Gallery or take a stroll along the Huddersfield Narrow Canal. If you’re a fan of literature, the nearby village of Haworth is a must-visit. This is where the famous Bronte sisters lived and you can tour the Bronte Parsonage Museum. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is not too far away, offering stunning landscapes and numerous hiking trails. Lastly, don’t miss out on visiting the historic city of York, with its magnificent York Minster, Clifford’s Tower, and the Shambles, one of the best-preserved medieval shopping streets in Europe.