Welcome to Streethouse, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. Known for its rich history and vibrant community spirit, Streethouse offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and easy access to urban amenities. The village is surrounded by picturesque landscapes, making it an ideal destination for nature lovers. With its close proximity to larger towns such as Wakefield and Pontefract, visitors can enjoy a peaceful retreat without being too far from bustling city life. Whether you’re interested in exploring local heritage, enjoying outdoor activities, or simply relaxing in a friendly, welcoming environment, Streethouse has something to offer everyone.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Streethouse, West Yorkshire
- Streethouse is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- The village is part of the City of Wakefield metropolitan borough.
- It is situated approximately 3 miles northeast of the town of Pontefract.
- Streethouse is part of the civil parish of Featherstone.
- The village is served by Streethouse railway station, which is on the Pontefract Line.
- Streethouse has a local cricket team, Streethouse Cricket Club, which plays in the Pontefract & District Cricket League.
- The village has a population of around 1,000 people.
- Streethouse has a primary school, Streethouse Junior and Infant School, which serves the local community.
- The village is surrounded by farmland and has a rural feel, despite its proximity to larger towns and cities.
- Streethouse is home to several local businesses, including shops, pubs, and a post office.
Streethouse on the map
FAQs About Streethouse
Where is Streethouse located?
Streethouse is located in the county of West Yorkshire, England.
What is Streethouse known for?
Streethouse is a small village known for its peaceful residential areas. It’s also known for its proximity to larger cities like Wakefield and Leeds.
What are the transportation options in Streethouse, West Yorkshire?
Streethouse has a railway station that provides easy access to nearby cities. There are also local bus services for transportation within the village and surrounding areas.
Where Next after Streethouse?
Having visited the charming village of Streethouse in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the city of Wakefield, known for its vibrant arts scene, including the Hepworth Wakefield gallery and the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. You could also explore the historic city of Leeds, with its grand Victorian architecture and the Royal Armouries Museum. For a taste of the countryside, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit, offering stunning landscapes and picturesque villages. Alternatively, you could head to the coastal town of Scarborough for its beautiful beaches and medieval Scarborough Castle. All these destinations offer a unique taste of what Yorkshire has to offer.