Swanland, located in the heart of East Yorkshire, is a charming village that offers a unique blend of tranquility and adventure. This picturesque destination is renowned for its serene landscapes, beautiful Swanland Pond, and a wealth of historical architecture. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast, history buff, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Swanland promises an unforgettable experience. Its welcoming community, scenic walking trails, and close proximity to the vibrant city of Hull make it an ideal spot for tourists seeking to explore the authentic English countryside.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Swanland
- Swanland is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is located about 7 miles to the west of Kingston upon Hull city centre.
- According to the 2011 UK census, Swanland had a population of 3,802.
- The village is surrounded by open countryside and has a large pond at its centre.
- Swanland is part of the Hull West and Hessle parliamentary constituency.
- The village has a primary school, Swanland Primary School, which was rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2013.
- Swanland is home to several local businesses, including shops, a post office, and a village hall.
- The village has a rich history, with several listed buildings including the Church of St. Barnabas.
- Swanland is known for its community spirit, with several local clubs and societies including a cricket club, a tennis club, and a gardening club.
- The village is served by EYMS bus service, providing connections to nearby towns and cities.
Swanland on the map
FAQs about Swanland, East Yorkshire
Where is Swanland located in East Yorkshire?
Swanland is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is located about 7 miles to the west of Kingston upon Hull city centre.
What are some of the main attractions in Swanland, East Yorkshire?
Swanland is known for its large village pond, beautiful countryside views, and historic buildings. It also has several walking trails and parks for outdoor activities.
What are the transportation options in Swanland, East Yorkshire?
Swanland is well connected by road with the A63 and M62 nearby. There are also regular bus services to and from Hull and other nearby towns. The nearest train station is in Ferriby, about 2 miles away.
After exploring the charming village of Swanland in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The bustling city of Hull, known for its vibrant cultural scene, is just a short drive away. Here, you can visit the award-winning Hull Maritime Museum, explore the historic Old Town, or enjoy a show at Hull New Theatre. Alternatively, you could head to the picturesque market town of Beverley, famous for its stunning Minster and historic racecourse. Nature lovers should not miss a trip to the Humber Bridge Country Park, offering beautiful woodland walks and stunning views of the iconic Humber Bridge. Lastly, the coastal town of Bridlington, with its sandy beaches and historic harbour, is perfect for a relaxing day out.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.