Welcome to Thearne, a charming little village between Hull and Beverley on the banks of the River Hull. This quaint locale is a hidden gem, offering a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Thearne in East Yorkshire has something to offer you.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Thearne
- Thearne is a small village located in East Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 2 miles north-west of the town of Beverley.
- Thearne is part of the civil parish of Woodmansey.
- The village is surrounded by open fields and farmland, typical of the East Yorkshire landscape.
- Historically, Thearne was part of the Harthill Wapentake, a division of the historic county of Yorkshire.
- Thearne is a linear settlement, with houses and farms spread along the main road.
- The village has a small population, contributing to its quiet and peaceful atmosphere.
- There are no shops or pubs in Thearne, with residents typically travelling to nearby Beverley for amenities.
- Thearne is home to a number of listed buildings, including Thearne House, a Grade II listed building dating back to the 18th century.
- The village is served by a local bus service, providing connections to Beverley and other nearby towns and villages.
Frequently Asked Questions about Thearne, East Yorkshire
Where is Thearne located in East Yorkshire?
Thearne is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is approximately 7 miles north-west of the town of Hull.
What are some notable attractions in Thearne, East Yorkshire?
While Thearne is a small village, it is surrounded by the beautiful countryside of East Yorkshire. Nearby, you can visit the city of Hull, which offers a variety of attractions including museums, art galleries, and historic sites.
What is the population of Thearne, East Yorkshire?
Thearne is a small village and thus has a small population. The exact number can vary, but it is typically around a few hundred residents.
Thearne on the map
After exploring the quaint village of Thearne in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The bustling market town of Beverley is just a short drive away, offering a stunning 13th-century minster, a lively market, and a wealth of independent shops and eateries. The city of Hull, known for its vibrant cultural scene, is also within easy reach. Here, you can visit the award-winning aquarium, The Deep, or explore the city’s maritime history at the Maritime Museum. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Wolds and the Humber Bridge Country Park offer beautiful landscapes and walking trails. Finally, the historic seaside town of Bridlington, with its beautiful beaches and charming old town, is a must-visit.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.