Located on the A614 between Bridlington and Burton Agnes, Thornholme is a charming and tranquil village. This hidden gem is a perfect destination for tourists seeking a peaceful retreat away from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its picturesque landscapes, historic landmarks, and warm, welcoming locals, Thornholme offers a unique blend of rural charm and cultural richness. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a serene getaway, Thornholme promises an unforgettable experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Thornholme
- Thornholme is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 6 miles north-west from the town of Bridlington.
- Thornholme is part of the civil parish of Burton Agnes.
- The village is surrounded by open farmland and beautiful countryside.
- Thornholme is a quiet and peaceful place with a small population.
- The village is known for its traditional English charm and rural setting.
- Thornholme is close to the historic Burton Agnes Hall, a stately home that dates back to the Elizabethan era.
- The village is also near to the Yorkshire Wolds, a range of hills in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
- Thornholme is well connected to other towns and cities in the region via the A614 road.
- The village offers a tranquil lifestyle away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Frequently Asked Questions about Thornholme, East Yorkshire
Where is Thornholme located in East Yorkshire?
Thornholme is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 6 miles north-west from the town of Bridlington.
What are the main attractions in Thornholme, East Yorkshire?
Thornholme is known for its peaceful rural setting. While it doesn’t have many traditional tourist attractions, its charm lies in its tranquility, beautiful landscapes, and proximity to other attractions in East Yorkshire.
What is the population of Thornholme, East Yorkshire?
Thornholme is a small village with a population of less than 100 people. However, the population can vary as it is part of the civil parish of Burton Agnes.
Thornholme on the map
After exploring Thornholme in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic market town of Beverley is a must-visit, known for its stunning Minster, a fine example of Gothic architecture, and its bustling market. The city of Hull, a former UK City of Culture, offers a range of attractions including the Deep, one of the UK’s largest aquariums, and several free museums. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Wolds present a beautiful landscape of rolling hills and charming villages. The coastal towns of Bridlington and Scarborough are also within easy reach, offering sandy beaches and traditional seaside fun. Finally, don’t miss the chance to explore the magnificent stately homes in the area, such as Burton Agnes Hall and Sewerby Hall.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.