Welcome to Tollingham, a charming village nestled between Market Weighton and Howden in East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale offers a unique blend of rich history, picturesque landscapes, and traditional British charm. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply seeking a peaceful retreat, Tollingham provides an idyllic setting for a truly immersive English countryside experience. Its serene ambiance and rural beauty make it a must-visit destination for tourists seeking an authentic taste of Yorkshire’s rural life.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Tollingham
- Tollingham is a small village located in East Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the civil parish of Holme upon Spalding Moor.
- The village is situated approximately 20 miles east of York.
- It is surrounded by beautiful countryside, offering scenic views and walking trails.
- Tollingham is a rural community with a population of less than 500 people.
- The village is known for its peaceful and quiet environment.
- It is home to a number of historic buildings, including a 19th-century church.
- The village is primarily residential, with a few local businesses and farms.
- It is served by a community bus service that connects Tollingham with larger towns in the area.
- Despite its small size, Tollingham has a strong sense of community, with regular events and activities for residents.
Frequently Asked Questions about Tollingham, East Yorkshire
Where is Tollingham located in East Yorkshire?
Tollingham is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is approximately 12 miles east of York and 4 miles south-west of Market Weighton.
What are some notable attractions in Tollingham, East Yorkshire?
What are the transportation options in Tollingham, East Yorkshire?
The village is best accessed by car due to its rural location. However, there are also local bus services that connect Tollingham to nearby towns and cities.
Tollingham on the map
After exploring Tollingham, East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic city of York is a must-visit, with its stunning York Minster, ancient city walls, and the fascinating Jorvik Viking Centre. Nature lovers should head to the North York Moors National Park for breathtaking landscapes and outdoor activities. Beverley, a charming market town, is home to the stunning Beverley Minster and a lively market. Hull, known for its vibrant cultural scene, offers attractions like The Deep, one of the UK’s largest aquariums, and the Hull Maritime Museum. Lastly, the coastal town of Bridlington offers beautiful beaches and the stunning Bempton Cliffs, a haven for bird watchers.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.