Overview & description
The perfect base to explore the beautiful Yorkshire Dales
- Get away from everyday life, feel yourself unwind and breathe
- The views from Lovely Seat are truly spectacular
- A great base for walkers, fell-runners, cyclists, motorcyclists, artists, photographers, birdwatchers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- Bring up to three medium sized dogs free of charge and enjoy your own private balcony with stunning views, cottage garden, five acre wildflower meadow, small wood and fantastic walks from the doorstep.
- Take in the breathtaking panoramic views from your own private balcony with patio furniture - a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the views or do some birdwatching while your pooches check out those pesky rabbits! Also great for star gazing at night.
- When it’s cool outside, cosy up by the wood burner - what could be more romantic?
- Sleep soundly in the luxury super king bed with crisp white linen
- Lots of great tourist attractions and dog-friendly pubs and tea rooms.
- Featured in the Times 50 best weekends in the UK!
With its peaceful hillside setting, Lovely Seat enjoys stunning uninterrupted views of upper Swaledale as featured in ITV’s Britain’s Favourite View and The Dales programmes. The scenery is both beautiful and dramatic, featuring dry stone walls, barns, waterfalls and wildflower meadows. You may feel miles from anywhere, yet you’re conveniently close to pubs, shops, restaurants and visitor attractions.
There are two pubs/restaurants about a mile from Lovely Seat and the famous Tan Hill Inn - the highest pub in Britain - is seven miles away. The pretty village of Muker, with its pub, tea rooms, shops and post office is within three miles. The lovely market town of Hawes, offering a wide range of facilities and tourist attractions, is only seven miles away, accessed via the 'Buttertubs' Pass with its glorious views.
Lovely Seat is a cosy and comfortable home from home. There is a flat screen TV/radio, CD/DVD player and sound bar with Bluetooth connectivity so you can stream music from your own devices.
The kitchen is superbly equipped with dishwasher, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and everything you need to rustle up a culinary masterpiece (or beans on toast!)
Relax, drink in the views and read a book. Do some stargazing - there are no streetlights here so the skies are ink blue and the stars are dazzling. Enjoy peace and tranquillity – just the gentle sounds of sheep and birdsong. Breathe in the fresh, pure air and feel yourself unwind.
Please note there is no mobile coverage at Lovely Seat but there is free wifi.
Guests also enjoy off road parking for one car and access to a garage with secure storage for bikes and motorcycles.
If you enjoy going away with friends, Lovely Seat can be booked in conjunction with its sister property Kisdon to provide accommodation for four people.
PLEASE NOTE IF YOU BOOK BOTH KISDON AND LOVELY SEAT, YOU CAN ALL ENJOY A PRIVATE HOT TUB (WITH THE BEST VIEW IN YORKSHIRE!) AND INFRA RED SAUNA.
Facilities available at Lovely Seat
- On-Site Parking
- Pets Accepted