Overview & description
An 18th Century 4 star coaching inn of character standing in the cobbled square of this pretty Georgian market town.
15 en-suite bedrooms, mostly traditionally furnished, some in a more modern style.
* Direct dial telephone
* Flat screen colour television with Freeview channels
* Tea and coffee making facilities with biscuits
* Some ground-floor bedrooms
* Cots and extra beds available (by prior arrangement)
The George is a friendly, owner-run inn, having an AA Dinner Award and VisitEngland Breakfast Award, thus enhancing its excellent reputation for good food in both the Market Place Restaurant and covered Courtyard.
* Freshly prepared dishes
* Locally sourced fresh ingredients
* Specials' Board
* Open every day, expect Christmas Day
The George's bar has evolved over the years and is a wonderful place to meet with ols and new friends.
* Good selection of Yorkshire real ales
* Excellent choice of wines by the glass
* Well stocked bar
* Extensive wine list
As a resident, you are entitled to use the Galtres Fitness Centre during your stay, which, though under separate management, is adjacent to The George.
Cycling and Walking
* Bicycles, including a tandem, available for hire
* Just off National Cycle Route 65
* Secure covered overnight cycle storage
* Drying facilities available
* Walks from our doorstep or further afield.
Around the area
Attractions in the area include -
* Castle Howard
* Beningbrough Hall
* Dales National Park
* Lightwater Valley
* North York Moors
* Stunning scenery
* World of James Herriot
* Pretty villages
* Historic churches
* Golf courses
and much much more to fill your days.
Facilities available at The George Hotel
- On-Site Parking