Overview & description
To enjoy the peace and beauty of the countryside, without having to drive to the back of beyond, look no further than Westwood Lodge Ilkley Moor.
* Multiple award winners including Wharfedale Rural Innovation, Best in Tourism and Overall Business of the Year 2006, Yorkshire Tourist Board White Rose Award Winners 2005, Ilkley in Bloom First Prize three times and Civic Society Best Restoration Award.
* Green Tourism Business Scheme Members encouraging eco-sustainable tourism.
* Excellent rail links to Ilkley and shuttle bus right to our gate.
* Ilkley Moor is one of Yorkshire's most famous locations
*Relaxed, peaceful, rural setting - but not isolated or remote - an ideal base for town and country.
* Huge choice of things to do locally to suit all interests.
* The thriving spa town of Ilkley is just a ten minute stroll down the hill.
* All the cottages and apartments are fully restored Grade II Historic Listed Buildings.
* All our apartments are Five stars and our cottages are Four and Five stars.
* Friendly family owners living in the main house on hand to welcome you.
* Completely no-smoking throughout.
* Linen, towels, electricity, central heating and logs included.
* Exclusive on-site leisure facilities - workout room, sauna, sunbed and spa, plus croquet, bike facilities etc.
* Large sunny gardens, terrace and roof garden.
* Children's play area and Wendy House.
* Friday to Friday bookings, plus short breaks.
* Open all year.
* 24 hour website availability check and direct on-line reservations.
* Over half our stays are repeat bookings or recommendations!
As members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme, we're delighted to offer a town and country location that is so easily accessible by public transport. Our gates open directly onto Ilkley Moor, yet the centre of Ilkley is a 10 minute walk away, or three minutes by shuttle bus to the station, which enjoys four trains every hour throughout the day from Leeds and Bradford. This area is renowned nationally for its extensive, efficient and well-subsidised bus and rail services. A full week's stay here, touring the Dales by bus or into the centre of York or Leeds by train is easy, without ever needing to reach for your car keys!
Each cottage or apartment is individually designed, decorated and furnished to the highest standards with quality fabrics and fittings. We try to think of everything and set you off to a good start with our welcome basket of tea, coffee, fresh milk, local cake and a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge. All our cottages and apartments are fully equipped for a stress-free stay, with dishwasher, microwave, freezer, and full fan-sized oven. There's a stero with CD player, DVD and video recorder with a blank tape so as not to miss your favourite programmes. There's also direct-dial telephone, answering machine and wireless broadband.
For a traditional cottage holiday or short break, our four Grade II Listed Historic Cottages are the answer. Each comes fully equipped. "Better than my home" is a typical comment! We have a young family ourselves, so understand the importance of high quality cots, high chairs, stair gates and boxes of toys. Each cottage also has a ground floor toilet. Our outdoor play area includes swings, climbing frame and a two storey Wendy house in the large enclosed gardens.
For the grown-ups we have a small, private leisure facility open daily, with a workout room, hot spa bath, sauna and sunbed. Beauty treatements and Thai massage can also be booked.
For singles and couples seeking a feel of country house living, our three apartments in the main house offer privacy, independence and home-from-home comfort, with easy access to our leisure facilities. Each apartment has consistently received the coveted top 5-star award by Visit Britain for high standards, cleanliness and attention to detail. Each has a full kitchen and bathrooms have a Victorian-style French slipper bath as well as showers. All bedrooms have remote controlled TV and there is now a private rooftop garden with fantastic panoramic views.
We're open all year round with all electricity, central heating, logs and linen and the main leisure facilities are included in the price. There's always a warm welcome at Westwood!
Facilities available at Westwood Lodge, Ilkley Moor
- On-Site Parking
- Cycling Friendly
- Access to Golf Course