Overview & description
Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a walking break with friends and family, a stopover on one of the many walking and cycling routes which pass through Keld, or just a countryside retreat where you can relax and get away from it all, you’ll find it here. We aim to offer a unique and memorable experience, combining the joys of a night under canvas in the peace and tranquillity of the countryside, with warmth, home comforts and delicious meals served to your door, allowing you to completely relax and unwind.
We are delighted to have been awarded Tripadvisors ‘Certificate of Excellence’ for 4 consecutive years, in recognition of the 5 star ratings we have achieved from independent guest reviews.
- Our 5 Yurts are spacious 19ft tents with locking front doors, wood burning stoves, real beds, sofas and dining area.
- All Yurts come with an electric hook up included, along with a mini fridge, lamp, kettle, hairdryer and electric heater.
- Each Yurt comfortably sleeps between 2 and 5 people on 4 single beds and a sofa bed. For couples the single beds can be pushed together to make a double bed.
- All bedding, linen and towels are provided.
- Guests are welcome to borrow one of the onsite BBQ’s (please reserve at the time of booking) or bring their own disposable BBQ’s
- Guests have the option to hire the large private hottub with stunning views across the Dale.
- Tea and coffee making facilities are provided in each yurt including fresh milk.
- We offer a range of delicious home cooked evening meals, served to you in your Yurt.
- Guests have access to our newly renovated campers barn which has a fully fitted kitchen including hob, fridge freezer, microwave and toaster. The kitchen is also stocked with pots and pans, crockery and cutlery.
- We also have a full drinks license and stock a range of wines, beers and ales.
- If you fancy a meal out, Keld Lodge is just a 5 minute walk away or alternatively we can direct you to a number of lovely Dales pubs in local villages serving food, which are just a short drive away or can be visited as part of a longer circular walk.
- Hot breakfast baguettes are available to purchase and are brought to your door at a time to suit you.
- Packed lunches are available to purchase daily.
- The Yurts have use of the recently refurbished modern and clean campsite bathrooms.
- Guests can enjoy access to our own private 30ft waterfall.
- A rechargeable torch is provided for you to use throughout your stay.
- A selection of board games and playing cards are provided for your enjoyment.
- Maps of a selection of local walks are provided.
Facilities available at Swaledale Yurts and Keld Bunkbarn
- On-Site Parking
- Pets Accepted
- Child Friendly