Yorebridge House is nestled in the heart of Wensleydale, in the picturesque Yorkshire Dales, just outside the village of Bainbridge, offering a rare combination of luxurious individually styled boutique bedrooms, with fine dining in an informal atmosphere. Bound by two rivers the hotel rooms boast beautiful views across the dales with rising fells on one side and the valley to Hawes on the other. The lounge and bar areas offer sumptuous interiors, oak flooring, relaxed comfy seating and an open fire.
The Victorian grade 2 listed building was built in 1850 as a Headmaster’s House and School; it sits proud and welcoming, promising luxury, relaxation and beautiful interiors, as well as superb 3AA rosette menus, a bespoke wine and bar list and a personal and professional service from the moment you arrive.
All of the twelve bedrooms are individually designed, inspired by the owners Dave and Charlotte’s travels around the world, from stylish Pienza, with crystal chandeliers and a roll top bath in the bedroom to oriental Nishiki with a four poster bed and beautiful wallpaper. Then there’s the contemporary loft suite Greenwich with its own separate lounge and cinema screen, and double baths overlooking the views of the dales and the ambient Kariega with its rich colours and fabrics and its own private garden on the banks of the River Ure. Six of the bedrooms boast their own private terrace with outdoor hot tub. There is also a beautiful option, 5 minutes from Yorebridge House, The Barn gives you the option to enjoy your own space, while still being able to enjoy the facilities at Yorebridge House.
The hotel’s head chef Dan Shotton has brought culinary skills and flair that have to be seen and tasted. Including such delights as Whitby Crab with Soft Shell Crab, Pink Grapefruit & Quail’s Egg, Wensleydale Lamb with Peas, Girolles & Braised Shoulder and to finish a Dark Chocolate Pave with Blood Orange & Chocolate Soil. The menu changes seasonally and is designed to complement the character/attributes of the hotel. It portrays our passion for fine dining, producing menus excelling in design, flavour and innovation, served in a relaxed, romantic atmosphere, looked after by knowledgeable, friendly, professional staff.
The hotel has had an exceptional few years and have won awards continuously for the following:
• Winner of the Inspectors Choice Award for Restaurant with Rooms from the AA (2013 – Present)
• Awarded 5 gold stars Restaurant with rooms from the AA (2010 – Present)
• Highly Commended from the AA (2010 – Present)
• Awarded UK Breakfast award from the AA (2010 – Present)
• Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor (2011 – Present)
• Travellers Choice Awards for Luxury & Romance (Tripadvisor 2015)
• 3 Rosettes from the AA for our restaurant, the only Restaurant with Rooms in Yorkshire to achieve this in 2014!
• White Rose Awards – Best Yorkshire Restaurant 2014
• White Rose Awards – Best Restaurant with Rooms 2013
• Flavours of Herriot – Restaurant of the Year 2014
• Visit Britain – Silver Award – Taste of England 2015
• Deliciously Yorkshire awards - Best Use of Local Produce 2013
• Small but special accommodation – Yorkshire Life Awards 2013