Situated in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales in picturesque Burnsall, well-known for its landmark five-arched bridge, and being the setting of the film, ‘Calendar Girls’, this boutique hotel boasts the most breath taking of views from its superb location.
Beyond the traditional Edwardian facade are superbly-styled interiors with colourful, contemporary design and original works of art. Each of the hotel’s sixteen bedrooms is individually styled, with strong pastel shades and a simple country theme, with modern art and ceramics offering a homely touch. The restoration and design of the property was overseen by The Duchess of Devonshire herself, as the hotel is part of the award-winning Devonshire Hotel and Restaurant Group.
The dining here is well-renowned and especially so since the arrival of Yorkshire Chef, Rob Harrison who worked for more than 8 years at the acclaimed Michelin-starred Pipe & Glass pub at South Dalton. Since becoming Head Chef at The Fell in 2015, he has influenced the two AA rosette à la carte and tasting menus with his wealth of culinary experience and flair and use of fine local produce.
Far reaching views across the Dale from the elevated, light and airy conservatory-style restaurant enhance the day light dining experience. There is a fine selection of wines and Champagnes to complement it too.
For overnight guests, the Fell suites with their sofa beds and two bathrooms, are particularly popular with families, whereas a romantic choice of rooms in the cosy eaves would be ‘Malham’. Many bedrooms here enjoy river views and the hotel is a popular choice with walkers, country lovers, cyclists and generally those who appreciate a combination of quality accommodation with a less formal environment.
Pampering at sister property ‘The Devonshire Spa’ only a ten minute drive away is an added bonus to your stay here being complimentary to guests of both properties. Facilities include a heated indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room, nail bar and treatments using the deeply luxurious and world-renowned Temple Spa product and treatment range.
Dogs are welcome at the hotel too, guests and their four-legged friend can simply enjoy the laid back atmosphere and extensive ‘off-lead’ walks in the surrounding lands of the Bolton Abbey estate.
Set in the Yorkshire Dales, overlooking the beautiful River Wharfe the Devonshire Fell is one of the most picturesque places to stay during the festive season.
From £475.00 per person for a two-night stay.*
Your Christmas package includes:
- Arrive at your leisure to a warm welcome and a cream tea, before settling in to your room.
- In the evening enjoy a welcome glass of fizz and canapés followed by a candlelit dinner.
- Midnight mass is celebrated in the local parish church of St Wilfred in Burnsall village – just a few minutes’ walk from the hotel. Returning guests will be offered mulled wine and mince pies.
- Greet Christmas morning with a substantial Yorkshire breakfast, the breath-taking backdrop of the Yorkshire Dales and hope of a sprinkling of crisp fresh snow!
- After breakfast enjoy a brisk walk along the River Wharfe, have a lazy morning watching your favourite Christmas film or relax in our lounge; the choice is yours.
- With cobwebs cleared and body relaxed you will now be ready to enjoy Champagne and canapés followed by a sensational Christmas Day Lunch before retiring to the conservatory and bar to relax.
- In the evening there shall be a light supper, again giving our culinary team a chance to treat you to an array of local produce.
- Enjoy a leisurely Yorkshire breakfast before saying your farewells and departing for your journey home.
You may also wish to extend your stay for another night to make the most of your visit. From £130.00 per person* including dinner, bed and breakfast.
For more information please call 01756 718111 or email email@example.com.
*Prices based on 2 people sharing a Standard Double room. Please note that the itinerary and menu is subject to change. We aim to cater for food intolerances and allergies provided they are mentioned at time of booking. A 5% service levy will be added to all accounts, which is distributed directly to all staff. Please note, the law states that face coverings must be worn by all guests when entering the public areas of a hotel, unless you are exempt for health reasons. Face coverings are not required when seated in our restaurants and bars.
Valid from 01/09/2020 to 23/12/2020
Celebrate the New Year in the stunning surroundings of the Yorkshire Dales and indulge in a delicious tasting menu to welcome the New Year in style. You can start your break on either the 30th or 31st December.
From £445.00 per person for a two night stay.
Your two-night package includes:
- Full Yorkshire breakfast each morning
- A delightful cream tea on your day of arrival
- Locally sourced candlelit dinner on one evening.
- On New Year’s Eve, spend the evening feasting on an indulgent 6-course tasting menu; showcasing some of Yorkshire’s finest produce.
- On your day of departure, share a fond farewell with friends, fellow guests and staff before your journey home.
For more information or to book, please call 01756 718111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Prices based on 2 people sharing a Standard Double room. Please note that the itinerary and menu is subject to change. We aim to cater for food intolerances and allergies provided they are mentioned at the time of booking. A 5% service levy will be added to all accounts, which is distributed directly to all staff. Please note, the law states that face coverings must be worn by all guests when entering the public areas of a hotel, unless you are exempt for health reasons. Face coverings are not required when seated in our restaurants and bars.
Valid from 01/09/2020 to 23/12/2020
* Bookings and offers are provided by a third party with no affiliation with Welcome to Yorkshire