Overview & description
Come along to the premier gateway to the North York Moors National Park, where you can enjoy the “finest view in England”, across the vales of Mowbray and York. It’s a great family day out, with thrilling walks and cycle rides straight from the door.
Sutton Bank has a new walk suitable for trampers/robust wheelchairs, devised with an accessibility expert, Sutton Bank easy access circuit takes in the White Horse before picking up the green Cliff family cycle trail and then coming back along the cliff top with amazing views.
Inside the Centre
Discover the stories behind the landscape at Sutton Bank and watch the birds at the bird-feeding station.
- Fascinating interactive exhibition
- Visitor information, gift shop, local crafts, ale and food
- Tearoom and courtyard seating
Out and about
Head out on the footpaths, watch the gliders or play in the grounds.
- Wheelchair-accessible path to the sensational viewpoint
- Walk to the famous Kilburn White Horse
- Natural play area – adventure and fun for children of all ages
A cycling hub
Bring your own bike or hire one from Sutton Bank Bikes.
- Family cycle route and bridleway bike trails
- Bike skills track
- Bike hire, bike wash and cycle shop
Free wi-fi is available throughout the centre.
Open daily February half-term – December
Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and weekdays January to February half-term holidays.
Facilities available at Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- Disabled Access
- On-Site Parking
- Pets Accepted
- Cycling Friendly
- Child Friendly
- Card Payment