Austerfield and Bawtry Illuminate forms parts of Pilgrim Roots, a regional partnership that celebrates the Mayflower 400.
Come and Join us on Sunday the 17th November Austerfield & Bawtry’s Illuminate Festival, we have lots planned ending with a spectacular performance at Bawtry Hall.
Sitting at the heart of the festival will be a mass choir and ‘Under the Sea’ themed artworks. Over the last few months pupils from Bawtry Mayflower Primary School, Everton Primary School, Coppice School and Hatfield Woodhouse Primary School and the Bawtry Community library have been busy creating a giant parable illuminated whale, made by using hundreds of plastic bottles saved and reused for the project. Facilitated by sculptor Dan Jones the resulting 7m long sculpture will be paraded from Austerfield through to Bawtry, the Whale will be joined by those school children and paraded to Bawtry Hall, along with their handmade lanterns and voices lighting the journey, accompanied by musicians Janet Wood and Moony Wainwright.
**YOU ONLY NEED TO BOOK TICKETS - IF YOU ARE ATTENDING THE UNDER THE SEA BALL!
The event will begin with a candle lighting service in Austerfield church at 11:15am.
From 2:30pm until 4:30pm, the Phoenix Theatre will be open for light refreshments and the showing (on a loop) of a short 7-minute video giving historic background to the Pilgrim Fathers.
The whale will begin its journey from Austerfield arriving into Bawtry Hall.
● Mass choir performance including all school children and Quirky Choir.
● The Doncaster Waites
● An “Under the Sea’ themed ‘Dance On’ social ball for over 50s with local groups from Doncaster* tickets are FREE but must be booked please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
● Heritage Doncaster showcasing locally made pilgrim artefacts.
● A spectacular aerial dance ‘Odyssey’ performed by international touring company Periplum.
● Food and Drinks available to purchase.
The event will close at 6pm
This event has been supported by Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council.