Unfortunately this event has had to be cancelled due to bad weather conditions expected for over the weekend.
Whitby Town Council have organised an incredible weekend of events and activities for locals and visitors to enjoy.
You will find unusual and unique gifts as well as a wide range of tasty foods for sale in the fabulous Christmas market. In addition to this distinctive and exceptional festive shopping experience there is a magnificent array of activities to amaze and impress audiences - all completely free.
On Friday night come and enjoy the Greatest Hits Radio Show, where local celebrity Alistair Griffin will entertain the crowds before assisting the Town Mayor of Whitby, and the young winner of the Christmas Card Competition with a spectacular Christmas lights switch on.
Then be amazed by Arco, a breath taking, free-standing, 12m high, air-filled arch, changing colour with its own light show while perfectly framing the aerial performer beneath, before local band Skandals perform their favourite Ska songs.
The market and festivities continue throughout the weekend, with a variety of amazing and dazzling events and entertainment which include:
• Local musicians and singers, choirs and ukuleles, performing at various times throughout Saturday
• Large scale digital Christmas Book installation – performed every 20 minutes from 3.30 to close of the market Saturday
• Fabulous pet friendly Firework display on Saturday night to close the market – offering a new experience for Whitby, this unique, colourful display will be quite different to traditional fireworks, being much lower in the sky, but launched from the east cliff. Expect action and fun, without the noise. The best place to view this display will be from the festival site.
• Interactive Living Snow Globe will be displayed periodically throughout Sunday
• Festive Storytelling with the Literacy Trust
• Children’s entertainer and fairground rides throughout the weekend
• Santa and helpers, in a beautiful sleigh, will be available to chat, for family photographs and selfies, throughout the weekend.
All these activities are completely free and there is something for everyone, making it a wonderful festive and happy event.
Keep checking the Whitby Town Council face book page – Whitby Christmas Festival for updates.
Thank you to Scarborough Borough Council for their support with this fabulous event
COVID 19 - Visitor Code Of Conduct:
We are delighted to welcome you to Whitby Christmas Festival.
We are working hard to ensure the safety and well being of all our visitors and staff during these extraordinary times.
Providing a safe environment for
visitors and staff is important, so we kindly request that you follow the following simple rules.
If you are unwell with a new continuous cough or a high temperature you should stay at home and follow the government guidance. You can also contact NHS 111: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/
Please respect and maintain a 2m social distancing with other members of the pubic and staff
Hand sanitiser is available across the site, please feel free to use.
The wearing of masks is encouraged, particularly at busy times.
These measures are designed to help maintain a safe environment for your visit. Our helpful staff will be onsite and will be delighted to answer any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you and we hope you have an enjoyable time with us.