In Viking times, a ‘Thing’ was a gathering; a place where leaders and warriors could meet and talk. In the 21st century, the term ‘Thing’ is used around the world when Viking academics come together to share knowledge.
That JORVIK Viking Thing, which runs from 15 to 20 February 2020, will do this and so much more, with content to appeal to Viking enthusiasts and Norse novices of all ages.
Highlights will include:
· A livestreamed Evening with Einar Selvik, the Nordic folk musician who created the soundtrack for the TV series Vikings and the new Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla computer game. Einar is joining us during an incredibly busy time, promoting the release of his band Wardruna’s latest album
· A remarkable virtual visit to JORVIK Viking Centre’s recreation of Viking-age Coppergate. Join Arnor on one of our time capsules for a 360 degree tour. The only thing missing is the smells!
· A horde of new video clips where you can Meet The Vikings and find out more about their skills and lives
· Each day, a new chapter of a famous Viking saga
· JORVIKanory – with children’s authors reading extracts from their Norse-themed books
· The JORVIK Viking Symposium, delivered online for the first time
And much, much more. Most of the content is completely free to access, though there is a charge for some of the premium livestreamed events.
|Tickets||Most of the content is completely free to access, though there is a charge for some of the premium livestreamed events.|