Overview & description
Located within Swinton Park Hotel, Samuel’s Restaurant is a true Estate to Plate establishment.
A spacious and airy room with sweeping views over the gardens and home lake, the most distinctive features in Samuel’s are the ornate gold leaf ceiling and enormous mantelpiece.
The 3 AA rosette restaurant menus emphasise seasonal and local produce inspired by the fruit, vegetables and herbs grown in the hotel’s four acre walled garden (the largest hotel kitchen garden in the UK), and the menus change accordingly. Enjoy a three course seasonal classic menu, or indulge in a seven-course Chefs signature tasting menu. Surrounded by the 20,000 acre estate, stretching from Wensleydale’s River Ure up onto the Dales Estate, venison, rabbit, smoked trout and game are a few examples of the local ingredients sourced for the kitchen.
Afternoon tea at Swinton Park is not to be missed, served in their stylish public rooms with expansive views over the Deer Park.
- The Good Hotel Guide 2016: Editor’s Choice Award – Historic Hotel
- The Good Hotel Guide 2016: Editor’s Choice Award - Family Friendly Hotel
- The Good Hotel Guide 2015: Editor’s Choice Award – Wedding Hotel
- Guns on Pegs: 2nd Place in Good Shoot Hotel Awards 2015
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence – Swinton Park 2015
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence – Samuel’s Restaurant 2015
- VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2014 – Silver Winner – Best Small Hotel
- Trip Advisor Travellers Choice - Top Ten UK Hotel (4th) 2014
- British Cookery School Awards, Best Tutor 2014
- Best Small Hotel of the Year, White Rose Awards 2013
- VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2013 Gold Winner – Taste of England
- Sustainable Restaurant Association Three Star Sustainability Champion 2013
- Green Tourism In Business Scheme Gold Award 2013
Facilities available at Samuel's at Swinton Park
- Disabled Access
- On-Site parking
- Card Payment
- Cater for Vegetarians