Welcome to Wilsden, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This quaint locale is known for its rich history, picturesque landscapes, and friendly community. Wilsden is a place where the past meets the present, with its well-preserved Victorian architecture and modern amenities. The village offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, with its lush green fields, winding country lanes, and stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply looking for a tranquil getaway, Wilsden has something to offer everyone.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Wilsden, West Yorkshire
- Wilsden is a village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 6 miles west of Bradford.
- The village is part of the City of Bradford Metropolitan District.
- Wilsden was historically a part of the Wapentake of Morley in the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, including the nearby Harden Moor.
- Wilsden has a population of around 4,807 people, according to the 2011 Census.
- The village has a primary school, Wilsden Primary School, which serves the local community.
- Wilsden has a number of amenities including shops, a post office, and several pubs.
- The village has a strong community spirit, with a number of local events and groups, including a village hall and cricket club.
- Wilsden is served by a regular bus service, providing connections to Bradford and other nearby towns.
Wilsden on the map
FAQs About Wilsden
Where is Wilsden located?
Wilsden is a village located in West Yorkshire, England.
What is Wilsden, West Yorkshire known for?
Wilsden is known for its rural charm, beautiful landscapes, and its close proximity to the cities of Bradford and Leeds.
What amenities are available in Wilsden, West Yorkshire?
Wilsden offers a variety of amenities including local shops, pubs, a primary school, and a village hall. It also has several walking and cycling routes for outdoor enthusiasts.
Where Next after Wilsden?
Having visited the charming village of Wilsden in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling city of Bradford, known for its rich industrial heritage and vibrant cultural scene. Here, you can explore the National Science and Media Museum or take a stroll in the beautiful Lister Park. Alternatively, you could head to the historic town of Haworth, famous for its association with the Bronte sisters. If you’re a nature lover, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit, offering stunning landscapes and numerous walking trails. Further afield, but still within Yorkshire, you have the city of York with its magnificent Minster and the picturesque coastal town of Whitby.