Situated between Hornsea, Hull and Spurn Point, Withernwick is a charming English village that offers a unique blend of tranquility and history. This picturesque destination is steeped in tradition, with its quaint cottages, ancient church, and welcoming local pub. Withernwick is an ideal spot for tourists seeking a peaceful retreat, away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Its close proximity to the stunning Yorkshire coastline makes it a perfect base for exploring the wider region.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Withernwick
Fact Pack – Withernwick
- Withernwick is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 11 miles (18 km) north-east of Hull city centre.
- According to the 2011 UK census, Withernwick parish had a population of 266.
- The village is surrounded by open countryside and farmland, typical of the East Yorkshire landscape.
- Withernwick’s parish church is dedicated to St Alban and is a Grade II listed building.
- The village has a local pub, the Falcon Inn, which is a focal point for the community.
- Withernwick has a village hall which is used for a variety of community events and activities.
- The village is served by a local bus service that connects it with larger towns and cities in the region.
- Withernwick has a wind farm nearby, which contributes to renewable energy production in the region.
- The village has a rich history, with evidence of settlement dating back to the Roman period.
Withernwick on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Withernwick, East Yorkshire
Where is Withernwick located in East Yorkshire?
Withernwick is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is approximately 12 miles east of the city of Hull.
What are some notable attractions in Withernwick, East Yorkshire?
Withernwick is known for its peaceful rural setting. It has a beautiful parish church, St Alban’s, and is surrounded by picturesque countryside, making it a great place for walking and cycling.
What are the transportation options in Withernwick, East Yorkshire?
Withernwick is accessible by road, with the nearest major road being the A165. There are also local bus services that connect Withernwick with nearby towns and cities. The nearest train station is in Hull.
After exploring the charming village of Withernwick in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the bustling market town of Beverley, renowned for its stunning Minster, historic buildings, and vibrant festivals. Alternatively, visit the city of Hull, offering a rich maritime history, a variety of museums, and the impressive aquarium, The Deep. Nature lovers should not miss Spurn Point, a unique coastal reserve with diverse wildlife. For a peaceful retreat, visit the picturesque village of Hornsea, boasting a beautiful beach and a serene mere. Lastly, the stately home and gardens at Burton Agnes Hall offer a glimpse into the grandeur of the past.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.