Welcome to Baildon, a charming town located in West Yorkshire. Known for its rich history and picturesque landscapes, Baildon offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and urban convenience. The town is perched on a hill, providing stunning views of the surrounding countryside and the River Aire. With its well-preserved Victorian architecture, thriving local businesses, and a strong sense of community, Baildon is a delightful destination for visitors seeking a taste of authentic Yorkshire life. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or a food enthusiast, Baildon has something to offer everyone.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Baildon
Fact Pack – Baildon, West Yorkshire
- Baildon is a civil parish and town in Northern England.
- It is located in the county of West Yorkshire.
- The town is part of the Bradford Metropolitan District.
- Baildon is situated on a hill, and it is known for its scenic views over the city of Bradford and the Aire Valley.
- The town has a population of approximately 15,000 people.
- Baildon Moor, a large area of moorland, is a notable feature of the town.
- The town has a rich history, with archaeological evidence suggesting it was inhabited as far back as the Iron Age.
- Baildon is home to several listed buildings, including the Grade II* listed Baildon Hall.
- The town has a strong community spirit, with numerous local events and festivals held throughout the year.
- Baildon is also known for its walking trails, which attract visitors from across the region.
Baildon on the map
FAQs About Baildon
Where is Baildon located?
Baildon is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s a civil parish and town in the Bradford Metropolitan District.
What are some notable attractions in Baildon?
Some notable attractions in Baildon include the Baildon Moor, Shipley Glen Tramway, and the historic Baildon Village.
What is the population of Baildon, West Yorkshire?
As of the last census in 2011, the population of Baildon was approximately 15,360. However, for the most current population statistics, it’s recommended to check the latest data from the UK’s Office for National Statistics.
Where Next after Baildon?
Having visited the charming town of Baildon in West Yorkshire, there are several other key locations nearby that are worth exploring. You could head to the bustling city of Leeds, known for its vibrant nightlife, shopping, and rich industrial heritage. Alternatively, you could visit the historic spa town of Harrogate, famous for its Turkish baths and beautiful gardens. The medieval city of York is also within reach, offering attractions such as the iconic York Minster and the Shambles, a well-preserved medieval street. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit, with its stunning landscapes of rolling hills, moors, and valleys. Lastly, don’t miss out on visiting the picturesque coastal town of Whitby, renowned for its Gothic Whitby Abbey and association with Bram Stoker’s Dracula. All these places offer a unique taste of what Yorkshire has to offer.