Welcome to Cross Roads, a charming village located in West Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale is known for its picturesque landscapes, traditional stone-built houses, and a warm, welcoming community. Cross Roads offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and easy accessibility to the bustling cities of Bradford and Leeds. With its rich history, scenic walking trails, and local amenities, it provides an ideal destination for visitors seeking a peaceful retreat with a touch of English charm. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a serene getaway, Cross Roads in West Yorkshire is a place worth exploring.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Cross Roads, West Yorkshire
- Cross Roads is a village in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is located near the town of Keighley.
- The village is situated in the Aire Valley.
- Cross Roads is part of the civil parish of Haworth, Cross Roads and Stanbury.
- It is surrounded by beautiful countryside, including the Worth Valley.
- The village is known for its community spirit and local events.
- Cross Roads has a primary school named Lees Primary School.
- The village is served by a regular bus service connecting it to Keighley and other nearby towns.
- Cross Roads has several local amenities including shops, pubs, and a park.
- The village is also close to the famous Bronte Parsonage Museum in Haworth.
Cross Roads, West Yorkshire, on the map
FAQs About Cross Roads, West Yorkshire
Where is Cross Roads located?
Cross Roads is located near Haworth in West Yorkshire, a county in the northern part of England.
What is Cross Roads, West Yorkshire known for?
Cross Roads is a small village known for its peaceful environment and beautiful countryside. It’s a great place for those who enjoy outdoor activities and tranquility.
What are the transportation options in Cross Roads, West Yorkshire?
Cross Roads, being a small village, is best navigated by car. However, it is also served by local bus services connecting it to other towns and cities in West Yorkshire.
Where Next after Cross Roads, West Yorkshire?
Having visited the charming village of Cross Roads in West Yorkshire, your next destination should definitely be the bustling town of Keighley, which is just a short drive away. Keighley offers a variety of attractions including the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, a heritage steam railway that takes you through the heart of Bronte country. Another nearby location is Haworth, famous for the Bronte Parsonage Museum, the former home of the Bronte sisters. If you’re a nature lover, don’t miss out on visiting the Yorkshire Dales National Park, renowned for its stunning landscapes, diverse wildlife, and cultural heritage. Lastly, a trip to Yorkshire wouldn’t be complete without visiting the historic city of York, with its magnificent York Minster, ancient city walls, and the fascinating Jorvik Viking Centre.