Welcome to Cullingworth, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This rural gem is steeped in history and surrounded by the stunning landscapes of the Yorkshire countryside. Cullingworth offers a unique blend of traditional English charm and modern amenities, making it an ideal destination for visitors seeking a tranquil getaway. From its historic architecture to its scenic walking trails, Cullingworth is a place that invites exploration and relaxation. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Cullingworth has something to offer everyone.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Cullingworth, West Yorkshire
- Cullingworth is a village and civil parish in the metropolitan borough of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 7 miles west of Bradford city centre.
- According to the 2011 Census, Cullingworth had a population of 2,932.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside and is popular with walkers and cyclists.
- Cullingworth has a number of amenities including a primary school, a post office, and several shops.
- The village is home to the historic St. John the Evangelist Church, which dates back to the 19th century.
- Cullingworth is known for its annual Scarecrow Festival, which attracts visitors from all over the region.
- The Great Northern Railway Trail, a cycleway and footpath, passes through the village.
- Cullingworth has a strong community spirit, with a number of local clubs and societies including a cricket club and a drama group.
- The village has a rich industrial history, with former industries including coal mining and textile manufacturing.
Cullingworth on the map
FAQs About Cullingworth
Where is Cullingworth located?
Cullingworth is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s a village and civil parish in the City of Bradford metropolitan borough.
What are some notable attractions in Cullingworth?
Cullingworth is known for its beautiful countryside views, walking trails, and historic buildings. The Great Northern Railway Trail is a popular attraction for those who enjoy outdoor activities.
What is the population of Cullingworth, West Yorkshire?
The population of Cullingworth, West Yorkshire is approximately 2,800 people, according to the most recent census data.
Where Next after Cullingworth?
Having visited the charming village of Cullingworth in West Yorkshire, your next destination should be the historic town of Haworth, just a short drive away. Famous for the Bronte sisters, you can explore the Bronte Parsonage Museum and the quaint, cobbled Main Street. Alternatively, you could head to the bustling city of Bradford, known for its rich industrial heritage and diverse culture. Don’t miss the National Science and Media Museum and the stunning architecture of Little Germany. If you’re a nature lover, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit, offering breathtaking landscapes, picturesque villages, and a plethora of walking trails. Lastly, a trip to Yorkshire wouldn’t be complete without visiting the vibrant city of Leeds, boasting a thriving arts scene, excellent shopping, and historic sites like Kirkstall Abbey.