Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Elloughton is a charming village that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. This picturesque destination is perfect for tourists seeking a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its quaint cottages, historic landmarks, and stunning countryside views, Elloughton provides a quintessentially English experience. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Elloughton promises a memorable visit.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Elloughton
- Elloughton is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the civil parish of Elloughton-cum-Brough, which is situated about 12 miles to the west of Kingston upon Hull.
- The village is located on the Yorkshire Wolds Way National Trail, a long distance footpath.
- Elloughton has a population of around 1,700 people.
- The village is served by Brough railway station, which provides links to Hull, Doncaster, and London.
- Elloughton is home to a number of listed buildings, including the Grade II listed St Mary’s Church.
- The village has a local primary school, Elloughton Primary School, which serves the local community.
- Elloughton has a number of local amenities including a post office, a village hall, and several pubs.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it popular for walking and cycling.
- Elloughton was historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire until the county boundaries were reorganised in 1974.
Elloughton on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Elloughton, East Yorkshire
Where is Elloughton located in East Yorkshire?
Elloughton is a village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 12 miles to the west of Hull city centre.
What are some popular attractions in Elloughton?
Elloughton is known for its scenic beauty and peaceful environment. Some popular attractions include the Elloughton Dale, a beautiful nature reserve, and the Humber Bridge, which is a short drive away.
What are the transportation options in Elloughton?
Elloughton is well-connected by road and public transport. The village is served by several bus routes, and the nearest railway station is in Brough, which is just a mile away.
After exploring the charming village of Elloughton in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The bustling market town of Beverley, known for its stunning Minster and historic buildings, is a short drive away. Hull, the 2017 UK City of Culture, offers a range of attractions including the Deep, one of the UK’s most spectacular aquariums, and numerous museums and art galleries. Nature lovers should head to the Yorkshire Wolds for beautiful rolling landscapes and picturesque walking trails. For a seaside experience, the coastal towns of Bridlington, Scarborough, and Whitby offer sandy beaches, fresh seafood, and traditional British seaside entertainment.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.