Table of Contents
Home of the famous Brontë sisters, Haworth is an undisputed literary mecca, attracting visitors from all around the world. The Brontë Parsonage Museum, the former family home turned museum, is a must-visit for literature enthusiasts.
With its historic cobbled Main Street, iconic parsonage and rolling moors, the picturesque proportions of this Airedale village exude a vintage charm that makes you feel you’ve stepped into another era.
Accommodation in Haworth
Fact Pack – Haworth, West Yorkshire
- Haworth is a village in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the metropolitan borough of the City of Bradford.
- The village is surrounded by moorland and situated atop the Pennine moors.
- Haworth is internationally famous for its connection with the Brontë sisters who wrote most of their novels while living at the Haworth Parsonage.
- The Parsonage is now a museum owned and maintained by the Brontë Society.
- Haworth is a popular tourist destination, known for its historic cobbled Main Street and its steam railway.
- The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, an authentic preserved steam railway, is a major attraction near Haworth.
- Every year, Haworth hosts a 1940s weekend where locals and visitors don wartime attire for a host of nostalgic events.
- The village is also home to the Haworth Hawks, a local team competing in the sport of table tennis.
- Haworth’s local school, Haworth Primary School, is located at the edge of Central Park.
Haworth on the map
Attractions & Things to Do in Haworth
Latest about Haworth
Browse the latest news, walks or local interest items posted about Haworth, in the grid below.
If you’ve got news about an event or walk – or anything else – happening in Haworth you would like to contribute to Yorkshire.com, please contact us.
FAQs About Haworth
Where is Haworth located?
Haworth is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s part of the City of Bradford Metropolitan District.
What is Haworth famous for?
Haworth is famous for its association with the Brontë sisters who wrote most of their famous works while living at the Haworth Parsonage, which is now a museum dedicated to their lives and works.
What can I do when visiting Haworth?
When visiting Haworth, you can explore the Brontë Parsonage Museum, take a walk on the historic cobbled Main Street, enjoy the beautiful countryside on the Worth Valley Railway, and participate in the various events and festivals that take place throughout the year.
Having visited the charming village of Haworth in West Yorkshire, known for its association with the Bronte sisters, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling city of Leeds, offering a mix of shopping, culture, and history with attractions like the Royal Armouries Museum and Leeds Art Gallery. Alternatively, you could head to the historic city of York, where you can explore the iconic York Minster, walk the ancient city walls, or delve into Viking history at the Jorvik Viking Centre. If you prefer the great outdoors, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit, with its stunning landscapes, picturesque villages, and countless walking trails. Or, for a coastal experience, the seaside town of Whitby, famous for its Abbey and association with Dracula, is also within reach. All these locations offer a different taste of what Yorkshire has to offer.