Welcome to Hepworth, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. Known for its rich history and picturesque landscapes, Hepworth offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and cultural vibrancy. The village is home to traditional stone-built houses, a historic church, and a welcoming local pub. Surrounded by rolling hills and lush green fields, Hepworth is a haven for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you’re interested in exploring scenic walking trails, delving into local history, or simply enjoying the peaceful countryside, Hepworth promises a memorable visit.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Hepworth, West Yorkshire
- Hepworth is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated in the metropolitan borough of Kirklees.
- It is part of the civil parish of Holme Valley.
- Hepworth is located near the town of Holmfirth, which is famous for being the filming location of the popular TV series “Last of the Summer Wine”.
- The village is named after the Hepworth family, who were prominent landowners in the area during the Middle Ages.
- Hepworth is surrounded by beautiful countryside and is part of the South Pennines.
- The village has a strong community spirit, with several local events taking place throughout the year, including the Hepworth Feast.
- There are several historical buildings in Hepworth, including the Church of St Peter, which dates back to the 19th century.
- Hepworth is also home to the Hepworth Band, one of the oldest brass bands in the UK.
- The village has a local pub, The Butchers Arms, which serves traditional British food and ales.
Hepworth, West Yorkshire, on the map
FAQs About Hepworth, West Yorkshire
Where is Hepworth located?
Hepworth is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
What is Hepworth, West Yorkshire known for?
Hepworth is known for its picturesque countryside views, historic buildings, and its close proximity to the Peak District National Park.
What can I do in Hepworth, West Yorkshire?
In Hepworth, you can enjoy outdoor activities such as walking and cycling, visit local pubs and restaurants, and explore the surrounding countryside and nearby attractions in the Peak District National Park.
Where Next after Hepworth, West Yorkshire?
After visiting the charming village of Hepworth in West Yorkshire, there are several other key locations nearby that are worth exploring. You could head to the bustling town of Huddersfield, known for its Victorian architecture and rich industrial heritage. Alternatively, you could visit the picturesque Holmfirth, famous for being the filming location of the long-running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’. If you’re a nature lover, the Peak District National Park is just a short drive away, offering stunning landscapes and numerous walking trails. Further afield in Yorkshire, you could explore the historic city of York with its magnificent Minster, or the coastal town of Whitby, renowned for its atmospheric Abbey and delicious seafood.