- ROLE: Casual Worker
- SALARY: £9.00 – £9.50
- TYPE: Casual – Various Hours Available
- LOCATION: The Grandstand, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN2 6BB
Doncaster Racecourse are now looking to increase their front of house and kitchen teams with enthusiastic, friendly bar, waiting and kitchen staff.
No experience is necessary. We will be having a guaranteed interview day on the 1st February! Please apply now to get booked into a slot!
Doncaster Racecourse is a Group 1 racecourse and one of the oldest racecourses for horse racing in Britain, typically hosting 36 race fixtures per year. Home of the prestigious Cazoo St Leger Festival in September, this is the leading sporting occasion of the Autumn calendar and an event that draws thousands of expectant racegoers from far and wider the experience the historic racing moment.
Outside of racing, Doncaster Racecourse is renowned for hosting exceptional corporate events and conferences, weddings, private parties, and the infamous ‘Christmas Live’ Christmas party nights.
- Serve all customers in an efficient, professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensure guests receive the highest standard of customer service at all times.
- Be able to advise guests on all products available within the venue.
- To promote a happy and welcoming atmosphere within the venue.
- To work both alone or as part of a team being responsible ensuring that all guests needs are met to the highest possible standard.
- Maintain stock levels and rotation within work and storage areas in order to avoid waste and assist with stocktaking.
- Ensure the work area is adequately stocked with glassware, ice, condiments and other appropriate sundries in line with predetermined stock levels and business need.
- Laying up and preparing restaurants/boxes for the service of meals, tea, coffee and light refreshments
- To serve all guests efficiently with the correct food and beverage service knowledge, cleaning down and carrying out all necessary duties as required by your manager.
- Service of wine and other drinks from the bar as directed by your Management team.
- Keep the area of work and public areas clean and tidy before, during and after opening hours and to undertake cleaning duties as required – paying particular attention to Health and Safety and COSHH Guidelines.
- Ensure all orders are dispensed and correctly recorded and authorised for billing purposes.
- Ensure all orders are rung through the tills and payment obtained in line with prescribed Racecourse procedures.
- Ensure all tills are closed down in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that all temperature records are accurately kept along with other appropriate paperwork.
- Adhere to and follow all licensing policies and procedures.
- Handle cash, stock and equipment in a secure manner.
- Act as an information point for customers.
- Record wastage in line with venue procedures and dispose of rubbish in line with any onsite recycling initiatives.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Undertake other reasonable duties in line with business demands.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Be smart, polite, professional and well presented at all times.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer care skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrate a passion for quality service and standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills – friendly, confident, outgoing.
- Strong numerical and literacy skill.
- The ability to handle difficult or conflict situations.
- The ability to adopt the values of Arena Racing Company.
- The ability to work with a smile on your face whatever the weather.
- To work with honesty and integrity.
- Experience working in a hospitality environment is preferred but not essential.
The last year as made us all aware of the work life balance and has given us the opportunity to re-assess our situations. Working as a casual member of our culinary team we are offering a casual role which will give you the freedom to pick and choose your hours. We have enough work to sustain any number of hours a week up to full time hours whilst offering you the flexibility to work around the rest of your life.
Our casual team receive various benefits whilst working for arc including meals on a race day and tickets to race meetings and other events across the group.
Being a member of the arc casual family does not restrict you to working at just Doncaster Racecourse, if you want to gain experience in other venues there are many opportunities to
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.