Welcome to Luddenden, a charming village located in the scenic Calder Valley of West Yorkshire. This quaint location is steeped in history, with its roots dating back to the 13th century. Luddenden is a haven for nature lovers, boasting picturesque landscapes, rolling hills, and a plethora of walking trails. The village is also home to a variety of traditional pubs and historic buildings, including the Grade II listed Lord Nelson Inn. Whether you’re seeking a peaceful retreat or a cultural exploration, Luddenden offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and rich heritage.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Luddenden
Fact Pack – Luddenden, West Yorkshire
- Luddenden is a small village in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is located in the Calderdale Metropolitan Borough.
- The village is situated in the Upper Calder Valley, about 4 miles from Halifax.
- Luddenden is surrounded by steep wooded hills, valleys, and moorland, offering picturesque views.
- The village is known for its traditional stone-built houses.
- It has a rich history dating back to the 13th century.
- Luddenden’s St. Mary’s Church, built in the 18th century, is a notable landmark.
- The village was once a thriving centre for the production of wool and cloth.
- Luddenden has been used as a filming location for various television series, including “Last Tango in Halifax” and “Happy Valley”.
- Every year, the village hosts the Luddenden Mayor Making ceremony, a unique local tradition.
Luddenden on the map
FAQs About Luddenden
Where is Luddenden located?
Luddenden is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s a small village situated in the Calder Valley.
What are some notable attractions in Luddenden, West Yorkshire?
Some notable attractions in Luddenden include the historic Lord Nelson Inn, St. Mary’s Church, and the beautiful surrounding countryside which is perfect for walking and hiking.
What is the population of Luddenden, West Yorkshire?
Luddenden is a small village, so the population is not very large. However, the exact population can vary, so it’s recommended to check the most recent census data for the most accurate information.
Where Next after Luddenden?
Having visited the charming village of Luddenden in West Yorkshire, your next stop should definitely be the bustling town of Halifax, just a short drive away. Halifax is home to the stunning Piece Hall, a Grade I listed building that hosts a variety of shops, boutiques, and eateries. You can also explore the Eureka! National Children’s Museum, a great spot for families. If you’re a fan of literature, the nearby village of Haworth is a must-visit. It’s famously associated with the Brontë sisters and you can tour the Brontë Parsonage Museum, their former home. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is not too far away, offering breathtaking landscapes and numerous walking trails. Lastly, don’t miss out on visiting the historic city of York, with its magnificent Minster, medieval walls, and the fascinating Jorvik Viking Centre.