Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Mappleton is a charming village that offers a unique blend of tranquility and adventure. This picturesque destination is renowned for its stunning landscapes, featuring dramatic cliffs, lush green fields, and a beautiful sandy beach. Mappleton is a haven for nature lovers, history enthusiasts, and those seeking a peaceful retreat. Whether you’re interested in exploring the local wildlife, delving into the village’s rich history, or simply enjoying the serene surroundings, Mappleton promises an unforgettable experience.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Mappleton
Fact Pack – Mappleton
- Mappleton is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated on the North Sea coastline, approximately 3 miles south of Hornsea.
- Mappleton is part of the civil parish of Mappleton and Rolston.
- The village is known for its beautiful sandy beach which is a popular tourist attraction.
- Mappleton is also famous for its 12th-century church, dedicated to All Saints.
- The village is significantly affected by coastal erosion, losing up to 2 meters of land each year.
- In the 1990s, a coastal management scheme was implemented in Mappleton to slow down the rate of erosion.
- The village has a population of around 200 people, according to the 2011 Census.
- Mappleton has a caravan park which is a popular destination for holidaymakers during the summer months.
- The village is surrounded by agricultural land, with farming being a key part of the local economy.
Mappleton on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Mappleton, East Yorkshire
Where is Mappleton located in East Yorkshire?
Mappleton is a small village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 3 miles south of Hornsea on the North Sea coast.
What are some notable attractions in Mappleton, East Yorkshire?
Mappleton is known for its beautiful beach and the All Saints’ Church, a Grade II listed Anglican church. The village is also a great starting point for exploring the East Yorkshire coastline.
What facilities are available in Mappleton, East Yorkshire?
Mappleton has a community hall, a caravan park, and a public house. There are also several shops and eateries in the nearby town of Hornsea.
After exploring the charming village of Mappleton in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the bustling market town of Beverley, renowned for its stunning Minster and historic buildings. Nature lovers should not miss a trip to the Spurn National Nature Reserve, a unique coastal habitat home to a variety of wildlife. For a taste of seaside fun, the resort town of Bridlington offers sandy beaches, a picturesque harbour, and the Bridlington Spa, a venue for concerts and events. History enthusiasts can explore the Burton Agnes Hall, a magnificent Elizabethan manor house with beautiful gardens. Lastly, the city of Hull, with its award-winning aquarium, The Deep, and numerous museums, offers a blend of culture and entertainment.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.