Welcome to Pollington, a charming village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and rich history, making it an ideal destination for tourists seeking a peaceful retreat. From its picturesque landscapes, traditional English architecture, to its close proximity to larger towns and cities, Pollington promises a delightful and diverse experience for all visitors. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a serene getaway, Pollington in East Yorkshire awaits you.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Pollington
Latest about Pollington
Fact Pack – Pollington
- Pollington is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) south-west of the town of Snaith.
- The village is located near the M62 motorway, providing easy access to larger cities such as Leeds and Hull.
- According to the 2011 UK census, Pollington parish had a population of 1,319.
- The village has a primary school, Pollington-Balne Church of England Primary School.
- Pollington is home to a local pub, The King’s Head, which is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike.
- The village has a strong community spirit, with a village hall that hosts a variety of events and activities.
- Pollington has a local church, St John the Baptist, which is a Grade II listed building.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a popular place for walking and cycling.
- Pollington Airfield, a former World War II airfield, is located nearby and is now used for light aircraft and gliding.
Pollington on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Pollington, East Yorkshire
Where is Pollington located in East Yorkshire?
Pollington is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles northwest of Snaith and 1 mile south of the M62 motorway.
What are some notable attractions in Pollington, East Yorkshire?
Pollington is known for its beautiful countryside and the Pollington Airfield, which was used during World War II. The village also has a local pub, a primary school, and a community centre.
How can I reach Pollington, East Yorkshire?
Pollington is easily accessible by road, being close to the M62 motorway. The nearest railway station is in Snaith, which is about 2 miles away. There are also local bus services that connect Pollington with other nearby towns and villages.
After exploring Pollington, East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the historic city of York, known for its stunning York Minster, ancient city walls, and the fascinating Jorvik Viking Centre. Nature lovers should not miss the chance to explore the Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and charming villages, perfect for hiking and cycling. Visit the market town of Beverley, home to the awe-inspiring Beverley Minster and a thriving food scene. Don’t miss Hull, a vibrant city with a rich maritime history, the Deep Aquarium, and a thriving arts scene. Lastly, the coastal towns of Bridlington, Scarborough, and Whitby offer beautiful beaches, fresh seafood, and the chance to explore the dramatic Yorkshire coastline.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.