Welcome to Steeton, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. Known for its rich history and picturesque landscapes, Steeton offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and easy accessibility to urban amenities. The village is home to a variety of architectural gems, including the 17th-century Steeton Hall and the iconic St. Stephen’s Church. With its well-connected transport links, including a railway station, Steeton serves as an ideal base for exploring the wider region. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, a nature lover, or simply seeking a peaceful retreat, Steeton promises a memorable visit.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Steeton, West Yorkshire
- Steeton is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- The village is part of the City of Bradford Metropolitan District.
- Steeton is situated approximately 5 miles from the town of Keighley.
- It has a population of around 4,000 people.
- The village is served by Steeton and Silsden railway station, which provides connections to Leeds, Bradford, and Skipton.
- Steeton has two pubs, The Three Horseshoes and The Goat’s Head.
- The village is home to Steeton AFC, a non-league football club.
- Steeton has a primary school, Steeton Primary School, which serves children aged 4 to 11.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, with several walking and cycling routes available.
- Steeton is also home to Airedale General Hospital, which serves the wider area of Airedale and Wharfedale.
Steeton on the map
FAQs About Steeton, West Yorkshire
Where is Steeton located?
Steeton is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s a small village situated in the Aire Valley.
What are some notable landmarks or attractions in Steeton, West Yorkshire?
Some notable landmarks in Steeton include the Steeton Hall Gateway, which is a Grade II listed building, and the St. Stephen’s Church. The village is also known for its beautiful countryside views.
What are the transportation options in Steeton, West Yorkshire?
Steeton is served by the Steeton and Silsden railway station, providing connections to Leeds, Bradford, and Skipton. There are also local bus services for transportation within the village and to nearby towns.
Where Next after Steeton, West Yorkshire?
Having visited the charming village of Steeton in West Yorkshire, your next destination should definitely be the historic city of York. It’s just a short drive away and offers a wealth of attractions such as the iconic York Minster, the Shambles, and the National Railway Museum. Alternatively, you could head to the picturesque town of Harrogate, renowned for its stunning gardens and the famous Bettys Tea Rooms. If you’re a fan of the Bronte sisters, a trip to the village of Haworth is a must, where you can explore the Bronte Parsonage Museum and the surrounding moorland that inspired their novels. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is nearby, offering breathtaking landscapes and numerous walking trails.