Welcome to Upper Denby, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This quaint locale is known for its picturesque landscapes, traditional stone cottages, and a rich history that dates back to the Domesday Book. Upper Denby is a haven for those seeking tranquility and a slower pace of life, away from the hustle and bustle of city living. With its rolling hills, scenic walking trails, and friendly local community, it offers a unique blend of rural charm and cultural heritage. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Upper Denby is a destination that promises a memorable visit.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Upper Denby, West Yorkshire
- Upper Denby is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the civil parish of Denby Dale.
- The village is situated in the metropolitan borough of Kirklees.
- Upper Denby is located approximately 8 miles southeast of Huddersfield.
- It is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a popular spot for walkers and nature lovers.
- The village is home to a number of historic buildings, including several listed buildings.
- Upper Denby has a strong sense of community, with a number of local events and activities taking place throughout the year.
- The village has a local pub, The George Inn, which is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike.
- Upper Denby is also home to a primary school, Denby Church of England Voluntary Aided First School.
- The village is known for its annual Scarecrow Festival, which attracts visitors from across the region.
Upper Denby on the map
FAQs About Upper Denby
Where is Upper Denby located?
Upper Denby is located in West Yorkshire, England.
What is Upper Denby known for?
Upper Denby is a small village known for its peaceful rural setting. It’s a great place for those who enjoy outdoor activities and the countryside.
What are the transportation options in Upper Denby, West Yorkshire?
Upper Denby, being a small village, is best navigated by car. However, there are also local bus services that connect it to nearby towns and cities.
Where Next after Upper Denby?
Having visited the charming village of Upper Denby in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the bustling town of Huddersfield, known for its Victorian architecture and rich history. Here, you can explore the Huddersfield Art Gallery or take a stroll along the Huddersfield Narrow Canal. Alternatively, you could head to the nearby Holmfirth, famous for being the filming location of the long-running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’. If you’re a nature lover, the Peak District National Park is just on the doorstep, offering stunning landscapes and numerous walking trails. Further afield in Yorkshire, you have the historic city of York with its magnificent Minster, the picturesque Yorkshire Dales, and the coastal beauty of Whitby.