Welcome to Walton, a charming village located in Wakefield, West Yorkshire. This quaint locale is known for its rich history, picturesque landscapes, and friendly community. Walton is home to a variety of attractions, including the beautiful Walton Hall and Gardens, and the renowned Waterton Park Golf Club. The village also boasts a range of local amenities, from cosy pubs to independent shops, making it an ideal destination for visitors seeking a relaxed and authentic Yorkshire experience. Whether you’re a history buff, a nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful getaway, Walton offers something for everyone.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Walton, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- Walton is a village in the Wakefield district of West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) south-east of the city of Wakefield.
- The village is part of the civil parish of Walton.
- Walton has a population of around 3,231 people, according to the 2011 Census.
- It is known for its beautiful countryside views and scenic walking trails.
- Walton is home to Walton Hall, a 4-star hotel set in what was a former stately home.
- The village also features a nature park, Waterton Park, named after Charles Waterton, a famous naturalist.
- Walton has a local cricket club, which is a significant part of the community.
- The village has a primary school, Walton Primary Academy, which serves the local community.
- Walton is also home to several local businesses, including pubs, shops, and restaurants.
Walton, Wakefield, on the map
FAQs About Walton, Wakefield
Where is Walton located?
Walton is located in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England.
What is Walton, Wakefield known for?
Walton, Wakefield is known for its beautiful countryside, historical landmarks, and its close proximity to the city of Wakefield.
How can I get to Walton, Wakefield, West Yorkshire?
Walton, Wakefield, West Yorkshire is easily accessible by road and rail. The nearest major airport is Leeds Bradford Airport. From there, you can take a train or bus to Wakefield and then a local bus or taxi to Walton.
Where Next after Walton, Wakefield?
Having visited the charming village of Walton in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, there are several other key locations nearby that are worth exploring. You could head to the city of Leeds, known for its vibrant cultural scene and historic architecture, including the grand Leeds Town Hall and Kirkstall Abbey. Alternatively, you could venture to the picturesque town of Harrogate, famous for its beautifully manicured gardens and the historic Turkish Baths. If you’re a fan of literature, a trip to Haworth, home of the Bronte sisters, is a must. Here, you can visit the Bronte Parsonage Museum and take a walk on the wild moors that inspired their novels. For nature lovers, the stunning landscapes of the Yorkshire Dales National Park are not to be missed.