Welcome to Waxholme, a charming and tranquil village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This hidden gem is a perfect destination for tourists seeking a peaceful retreat away from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its picturesque landscapes, rich history, and close proximity to the stunning Yorkshire coastline, Waxholme offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and coastal beauty. Whether you’re a nature lover, history enthusiast, or simply looking for a serene getaway, Waxholme promises an unforgettable experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Waxholme
- Waxholme is a small hamlet located in East Yorkshire, England.
- It is part of the civil parish of Withernsea.
- The hamlet is situated approximately 2 miles north-west from the town of Withernsea.
- Waxholme is located near the North Sea coast.
- It is primarily a rural area with a few residential properties.
- Waxholme is known for its peaceful and quiet environment.
- The hamlet is surrounded by open fields and farmland.
- Waxholme does not have many amenities, with the nearest shops and services located in Withernsea.
- It is a popular location for people who enjoy country walks and outdoor activities.
- Despite its small size, Waxholme has a strong sense of community among its residents.
Waxholme on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Waxholme, East Yorkshire
Where is Waxholme located in East Yorkshire?
Waxholme is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles north-west from the town of Withernsea.
What are some notable attractions in Waxholme, East Yorkshire?
Waxholme is known for its peaceful rural setting. Nearby attractions include the Withernsea Lighthouse Museum in Withernsea and the Spurn National Nature Reserve.
What are the transportation options in Waxholme, East Yorkshire?
Being a small village, Waxholme doesn’t have a train station. The nearest train station is in Hull, which is about 20 miles away. However, local bus services are available connecting Waxholme to nearby towns and villages.
After exploring Waxholme, East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The charming town of Withernsea, just a short drive away, offers a beautiful beach, a historic lighthouse, and the Withernsea Pier Towers. Further north, you’ll find the bustling city of Bridlington, known for its stunning coastline, historic old town, and the RSPB Bempton Cliffs nature reserve, home to a variety of seabirds. Don’t miss the chance to visit Hull, a vibrant city with a rich maritime history, excellent museums, and the impressive Humber Bridge. For nature lovers, the Spurn National Nature Reserve is a must-visit, offering unique landscapes and diverse wildlife.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.