Welcome to West Ella, a charming village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint location is a hidden gem, offering a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its picturesque landscapes, historic architecture, and warm, welcoming community, West Ella is a perfect destination for tourists seeking a unique blend of tranquility and English countryside charm. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, West Ella promises an unforgettable experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – West Ella
- West Ella is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 5 miles to the west of the city of Kingston upon Hull.
- West Ella is part of the civil parish of Kirk Ella.
- The village is known for its picturesque setting with many traditional English cottages.
- West Ella is home to a number of listed buildings, including West Ella Hall, a Grade II listed building.
- The village is surrounded by open countryside, offering plenty of opportunities for walking and cycling.
- West Ella has a population of less than 500 people, making it a quiet and peaceful place to live.
- The village has a strong sense of community with several local events held throughout the year.
- West Ella is served by a local bus service, providing connections to nearby towns and cities.
- The village has a rich history, with evidence of settlement dating back to the Roman times.
West Ella on the map
FAQs about West Ella, East Yorkshire
Where is West Ella located in East Yorkshire?
West Ella is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is approximately 5 miles to the west of Kingston upon Hull city center.
What are some notable attractions in West Ella, East Yorkshire?
West Ella is known for its tranquil and picturesque setting. It features beautiful country houses, a historic church, and scenic walking paths. It’s a perfect place for those who enjoy peaceful rural life.
What are the transportation options in West Ella, East Yorkshire?
The village is well-connected by road to nearby towns and cities. Public transportation options include local bus services. The nearest train station is in Cottingham, which is about 3 miles away.
After exploring the charming village of West Ella in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the bustling city of Hull, known for its vibrant cultural scene, historic old town, and the impressive aquarium, The Deep. Alternatively, visit Beverley, a quaint market town with a stunning Minster and a well-preserved medieval core. Nature lovers should not miss the chance to explore the Yorkshire Wolds, a series of rolling hills and tranquil valleys perfect for hiking and cycling. For a seaside experience, the coastal towns of Bridlington, Scarborough, and Whitby offer beautiful beaches, fresh seafood, and a range of water sports.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.