Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Yokefleet is a charming and picturesque village that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. This quaint destination is perfect for tourists seeking a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its stunning landscapes, historic landmarks, and friendly locals, Yokefleet provides an authentic taste of rural England. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Yokefleet promises a memorable and enriching experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Yokefleet
- Yokefleet is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- The village is situated approximately 4 miles south-east from the town of Goole.
- Yokefleet is part of the civil parish of Blacktoft.
- The village is located on the north bank of the River Ouse.
- Yokefleet is a part of the parliamentary constituency of Haltemprice and Howden.
- The village is known for its traditional English countryside charm.
- Yokefleet is surrounded by farmland, making agriculture a significant part of its economy.
- The village has a small population, contributing to its quiet and peaceful atmosphere.
- Yokefleet is home to Yokefleet Hall, a historic building dating back to the 19th century.
- The village is also close to the Blacktoft Sands RSPB reserve, a popular spot for bird watching.
Yokefleet on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Yokefleet, East Yorkshire
Where is Yokefleet located in East Yorkshire?
Yokefleet is a small village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 4 miles east of Goole and lies on the western bank of the River Ouse.
What are some notable attractions in Yokefleet, East Yorkshire?
Yokefleet is known for its peaceful rural setting, historic buildings, and beautiful landscapes. It’s a great place for walking, cycling, and enjoying the countryside. The nearby River Ouse also offers opportunities for boating and fishing.
What is the population of Yokefleet, East Yorkshire?
The population of Yokefleet is quite small, with less than 200 residents as per the last census. This makes it a quiet and peaceful place, perfect for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
After exploring the charming village of Yokefleet in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. Head to the bustling market town of Beverley, renowned for its stunning Minster and historic buildings. Nature lovers should not miss Spurn Point, a unique peninsula with a diverse range of wildlife. The city of Hull, known for its vibrant cultural scene and maritime history, is also within easy reach. Visit the Deep, one of the UK’s most spectacular aquariums, or explore the fascinating museums in the city’s old town. For a peaceful retreat, the Yorkshire Wolds offer beautiful rolling landscapes and picturesque villages.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.