Welcome to Burley in Wharfedale, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. Known for its scenic beauty, Burley in Wharfedale offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and accessibility, being just a short distance from the bustling cities of Leeds and Bradford. The village is surrounded by open countryside, with the River Wharfe running along its southern edge, providing a picturesque setting for walks and outdoor activities. With a rich history, a strong sense of community, and a variety of local amenities including shops, pubs, and excellent schools, Burley in Wharfedale is a delightful destination for visitors seeking a taste of authentic Yorkshire village life.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Burley in Wharfedale
Fact Pack – Burley in Wharfedale, West Yorkshire
- Burley in Wharfedale is a village and civil parish in the county of West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated within the Wharfedale valley.
- The village is part of the Leeds Metropolitan Borough in the City of Leeds.
- According to the 2011 Census, the population of Burley in Wharfedale was approximately 7,400.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, including the Burley Moor.
- It is served by the Burley-in-Wharfedale railway station, which provides connections to Leeds and Bradford.
- The village has a rich history, with evidence of human habitation dating back to the Bronze Age.
- There are several local amenities including shops, pubs, restaurants, and a library.
- Burley in Wharfedale is home to several community events, including the annual Burley Summer Festival.
- The village is also known for its sports clubs, including cricket, rugby, and football teams.
Burley in Wharfedale on the map
FAQs About Burley in Wharfedale
Where is Burley in Wharleydale located?
Burley in Wharfedale is located in the county of West Yorkshire, England.
What is Burley in Wharfedale known for?
Burley in Wharfedale is known for its scenic beauty, with the River Wharfe running through it. It’s also known for its strong community spirit, local amenities, and outdoor activities such as walking and cycling.
How can I get to Burley in Wharfedale?
Burley in Wharfedale is well connected by public transport. It has a railway station that connects it to Leeds and Bradford. It’s also accessible by road, being close to the A65, a major road that runs through West Yorkshire.
Where Next after Burley in Wharfedale?
Having visited the charming village of Burley in Wharfedale in West Yorkshire, your next stop should definitely be the historic city of York. It’s just over an hour’s drive away and offers a wealth of attractions, including the iconic York Minster, the Shambles, and the Jorvik Viking Centre. If you’re a fan of literature, the Brontë Parsonage Museum in Haworth is a must-visit, where you can explore the world of the famous Brontë sisters. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is nearby, offering stunning landscapes and plenty of walking trails. Don’t miss out on visiting the picturesque town of Harrogate, known for its beautiful gardens and the famous Bettys Tea Rooms. Lastly, the coastal town of Whitby, with its stunning abbey and delicious seafood, is also within reach. Yorkshire is a region rich in history, culture, and natural beauty, ensuring there’s something for everyone.