Welcome to Collingham, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This picturesque locale is known for its rich history, stunning landscapes, and friendly community. Situated near the River Wharfe, Collingham offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and easy access to urban amenities. With its array of local shops, traditional pubs, and beautiful walking trails, it provides an authentic taste of Yorkshire life. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply seeking a peaceful retreat, Collingham is a destination that promises a memorable visit.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Collingham, West Yorkshire
- Collingham is a village and civil parish in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated near the River Wharfe, approximately 2 miles south east of Wetherby.
- The village is part of the City of Leeds metropolitan borough.
- According to the 2011 Census, Collingham had a population of 2,991.
- Collingham is known for its rich history, with several listed buildings in the village.
- The village has a variety of amenities including a post office, a medical centre, and a few shops.
- There are three churches in Collingham: St Oswald’s (Church of England), the Methodist Church, and the Roman Catholic Church.
- Collingham is home to a cricket club, a football club, and a tennis club, reflecting the village’s active community.
- The village has a primary school, Collingham Lady Elizabeth Hastings’ Church of England Primary School.
- Collingham is also known for its annual event, the Collingham Show, which includes a variety of competitions, displays, and attractions.
Collingham, West Yorkshire, on the map
FAQs About Collingham, West Yorkshire
Where is Collingham located?
Collingham is a village and civil parish located in West Yorkshire, England.
What are some notable features of Collingham, West Yorkshire?
Collingham is known for its rich history, beautiful landscapes, and a variety of amenities including shops, pubs, and a cricket club. It also has a primary school and is close to the River Wharfe.
How can I get to Collingham, West Yorkshire?
Collingham is well connected by road and rail. It’s located near the A58 road and has a railway station, Collingham Bridge railway station, which provides easy access to nearby cities.
Where Next after Collingham, West Yorkshire?
Having visited the charming village of Collingham in West Yorkshire, there are several other key locations nearby that are worth exploring. You could head to the historic city of Leeds, which is just a short drive away and offers a wealth of cultural experiences, including the Royal Armouries Museum and Leeds Art Gallery. Alternatively, you could venture to the spa town of Harrogate, known for its beautifully preserved Victorian architecture and the stunning RHS Garden Harlow Carr. If you’re a fan of the Brontë sisters, a trip to the quaint village of Haworth in the heart of the Yorkshire moors is a must. Here, you can visit the Brontë Parsonage Museum and take a walk on the wild moors that inspired their novels. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Dales National Park offers breathtaking landscapes and numerous walking trails.