Welcome to Ledsham, a charming village located in West Yorkshire. This quaint location is steeped in history, dating back to the Domesday Book of 1086. It’s a place where time seems to stand still, with its well-preserved architecture and serene landscapes. Ledsham offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and rich heritage, making it a must-visit destination for those seeking a peaceful retreat. From the historic All Saints Church to the picturesque Ledsham Park, there’s plenty to explore and appreciate in this idyllic Yorkshire village.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Ledsham, West Yorkshire
- Ledsham is a small village located in West Yorkshire, England.
- The village is part of the civil parish of Ledsham.
- It is situated near the city of Leeds, approximately 20 miles away.
- Ledsham is known for its historical significance, with many of its buildings dating back to the 17th century.
- The village is home to one of the oldest churches in England, All Saints Parish Church, which dates back to the 7th century.
- Ledsham was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, a record of the “Great Survey” of England and Wales.
- The village has a population of less than 500 people, making it a quiet and peaceful place to live.
- Ledsham is surrounded by beautiful countryside, offering plenty of opportunities for walking and cycling.
- The village has a local pub, The Chequers Inn, which is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike.
- Ledsham is part of the Leeds City Council and the Elmet and Rothwell parliamentary constituency.
Ledsham on the map
FAQs About Ledsham, West Yorkshire
Where is Ledsham located in West Yorkshire?
Ledsham is a small village located in the metropolitan borough of the City of Leeds in West Yorkshire, England.
What are some notable attractions in Ledsham, West Yorkshire?
Some notable attractions in Ledsham include the historic All Saints’ Church, which dates back to the 7th century, and the nearby Fairburn Ings RSPB reserve, a popular spot for birdwatching.
What is the population of Ledsham, West Yorkshire?
The population of Ledsham is quite small, with less than 500 residents as of the last census.
Where Next after Ledsham, West Yorkshire?
Having visited the charming village of Ledsham in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the historic city of Leeds, known for its Victorian architecture, vibrant nightlife, and the Royal Armouries Museum. Alternatively, you could head to the picturesque town of Harrogate, famous for its beautifully manicured gardens and the iconic Bettys Tea Rooms. If you’re a fan of the Brontë sisters, a trip to the village of Haworth is a must, where you can explore the Brontë Parsonage Museum. For nature lovers, the stunning landscapes of the Yorkshire Dales National Park are not to be missed. Lastly, don’t forget to visit the medieval city of York, with its magnificent Minster, ancient city walls, and the fascinating Jorvik Viking Centre.