Welcome to Silsden, a charming town located in West Yorkshire. Known for its rich history and picturesque landscapes, Silsden offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and vibrant community life. The town is surrounded by rolling hills and lush green fields, making it a paradise for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. With its array of local shops, traditional pubs, and historic landmarks, Silsden provides a quintessential Yorkshire experience. Whether you’re here for a day trip or a longer stay, Silsden promises a warm welcome and a memorable visit.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Silsden, West Yorkshire
Fact Pack – Silsden, West Yorkshire
- Silsden is a town located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated on the northern slope of the Aire Valley between Keighley and Skipton.
- The town is part of the Craven district.
- Silsden was originally a part of the ancient parish of Kildwick.
- The town was historically a part of the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- Silsden’s population was recorded as 8,268 in the 2011 Census.
- The town is known for its traditional events such as the annual Silsden Gala and the Silsden AFC football club.
- It is surrounded by scenic countryside, including the Leeds and Liverpool Canal.
- Silsden has a number of listed buildings, including the Grade II listed St. James’ Church.
- The town has a variety of amenities including shops, pubs, restaurants, and schools.
Silsden on the map
FAQs About Silsden
Where is Silsden located?
Silsden is located in West Yorkshire, England. It’s situated in the Aire Valley between Keighley and Skipton.
What is Silsden known for?
Silsden is known for its beautiful countryside, historic buildings, and its location on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal. It’s a popular place for walking, cycling, and other outdoor activities.
What are the transportation options in Silsden, West Yorkshire?
Silsden is well-served by public transportation, with regular bus services to nearby towns and cities. The nearest train station is in Steeton, which is about 2 miles away. The town is also easily accessible by road.
Where Next after Silsden?
After visiting the charming town of Silsden in West Yorkshire, there are numerous nearby locations that are worth exploring. You could head to the historic city of Bradford, known for its rich industrial heritage and vibrant cultural scene. The National Science and Media Museum and the stunning Bradford Cathedral are must-visit spots. Alternatively, you could venture to the spa town of Harrogate, famous for its beautifully preserved Victorian architecture and the Royal Pump Room Museum. If you’re a nature lover, don’t miss the chance to explore the Yorkshire Dales National Park, which offers breathtaking landscapes and a wealth of outdoor activities. Lastly, a trip to Yorkshire wouldn’t be complete without visiting the city of Leeds, with its bustling shopping districts, historic sites like Kirkstall Abbey, and the Royal Armouries Museum.