Welcome to Apperley Bridge, a charming locality in West Yorkshire. This historic area, known for its Victorian architecture and scenic canal, offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and urban convenience. Located between the bustling cities of Leeds and Bradford, Apperley Bridge is a haven for those seeking a peaceful retreat without straying too far from city amenities. With its rich history, picturesque landscapes, and easy access to modern facilities, Apperley Bridge provides an ideal destination for visitors looking for a unique blend of the old and new.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Apperley Bridge
Latest from Apperley Bridge
Fact Pack – Apperley Bridge, West Yorkshire
- Apperley Bridge is located in West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal.
- The area is known for its historic bridge, which crosses the River Aire.
- Apperley Bridge was once a significant location for the wool trade in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- It is home to the Stansfield Arms, a pub that dates back to the 16th century.
- Apperley Bridge has a railway station that was reopened in 2015, after being closed for over 50 years.
- The area is largely residential, with a mix of old stone-built properties and modern housing estates.
- It is located close to the city of Bradford and the town of Shipley.
- Apperley Bridge is surrounded by beautiful countryside, including the Idle and Thackley Greenbelt.
- The area has a number of local amenities, including schools, shops, and sports facilities.
Apperley Bridge on the map
FAQs About Apperley Bridge
Where is Apperley Bridge located?
Apperley Bridge is located in West Yorkshire, England.
What is Apperley Bridge known for?
Apperley Bridge is known for its historic canal and railway, beautiful countryside views, and its close proximity to the cities of Leeds and Bradford.
Are there any notable landmarks in Apperley Bridge?
Yes, notable landmarks in Apperley Bridge include the Apperley Bridge Marina, the historic St. John the Evangelist Church, and the Leeds and Liverpool Canal.
Where Next after Apperley Bridge?
Having visited the charming area of Apperley Bridge in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short distance away is the bustling city of Leeds, known for its vibrant nightlife, shopping, and rich industrial history. You can explore the Royal Armouries Museum or take a stroll along the Leeds-Liverpool Canal. Alternatively, you could head to the historic city of York, with its stunning Minster, ancient city walls, and the fascinating Jorvik Viking Centre. If you prefer the tranquility of nature, the Yorkshire Dales is a must-visit, offering breathtaking landscapes, picturesque villages, and numerous walking trails. Also, don’t miss out on visiting the Bronte Parsonage Museum in Haworth, the former home of the famous Bronte sisters, which is nestled in the heart of West Yorkshire’s stunning moorland.