Nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, Bugthorpe is a charming, quintessentially English village that offers a tranquil retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life. With its picturesque landscapes, historic architecture, and warm, welcoming community, Bugthorpe is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply seeking a peaceful getaway, Bugthorpe promises a unique and memorable experience for all visitors.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Bugthorpe
- Bugthorpe is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately 14 miles east of York city centre.
- The village is located on the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds.
- According to the 2011 Census, Bugthorpe had a population of 181 people.
- The village is part of the electoral ward called Wolds Weighton.
- Bugthorpe is mentioned in the Domesday Book, indicating its historical significance.
- The village has a church named St. Andrew’s Church, which is a Grade II listed building.
- The village is surrounded by beautiful countryside, making it a popular spot for walkers and cyclists.
- Bugthorpe has a community hall which is used for a variety of events and activities.
- The village has a rich agricultural history, with many farms in and around the area.
Bugthorpe on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Bugthorpe, East Yorkshire
Where is Bugthorpe located in East Yorkshire?
Bugthorpe is a small village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is approximately 14 miles east of York and 20 miles north-west of Hull.
What are some notable attractions in Bugthorpe, East Yorkshire?
Bugthorpe is known for its peaceful rural setting, historic buildings, and beautiful countryside views. Nearby attractions include the Yorkshire Wolds, the historic city of York, and the market town of Pocklington.
What are the transportation options in Bugthorpe, East Yorkshire?
Being a rural village, the primary mode of transportation in Bugthorpe is by car. However, there are also local bus services that connect Bugthorpe to nearby towns and cities. The nearest train station is in York.
After exploring the quaint village of Bugthorpe in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic city of York is a must-visit, with its stunning York Minster, ancient city walls, and the Jorvik Viking Centre. Nature lovers should head to the Yorkshire Wolds for beautiful rolling hills and picturesque walking trails. For a seaside experience, the charming town of Bridlington offers sandy beaches and a bustling harbour. Don’t miss the chance to visit the stately homes and gardens of Castle Howard and Sledmere House, both within easy reach. Lastly, the market town of Beverley, known for its awe-inspiring Minster and vibrant music scene, is also a great option.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.