If you’re looking for a leisurely day out, how about visiting the elegant promenades of bright and breezy Bridlington?
Visit the funfair, amusements and donkey rides on the beach for a traditional British day out with seaside in spades!
Table of Contents
Browse a small selection of recently updated Bridlington places to stay, below. Would you like to view more? Have a look at hotels in Bridlington, or browse self catering accommodation in Bridlington. We also have a page for long term or short term apartment rentals in Bridlington.
Events in Bridlington
Some of the best acts and entertainment can be found on the seaside at Bridlington – mainly thanks to the facilities at Bridlington Spa:
Date & Time:November 29th, 2023 7:30pm
Date & Time:February 10th, 2024 7:00pm
Date & Time:December 1st, 2023 8:00pm
Date & Time:November 11th, 2023 8:00pm
Date & Time:November 10th, 2023 7:00pm
Latest about Bridlington
There’s lots happening on this impressive stretch of Yorkshire’s Coast:
Bridlington on the Map
Brid, as it is known to locals, is reached via the A165 road which runs roughly north to south, from Scarborough to Hull, or from the West, along the A164, which originates at Goole (where you can connect to the M64 and UK motorway network) or fork off to the A166 which takes you to the magnificent city of York.
Bridlington Fact Pack
- Bridlington is a seaside town and civil parish located on the East Coast of England in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
- It has a population of approximately 35,000 people.
- Bridlington has two award-winning beaches, the North Beach and the South Beach.
- The town is home to the Bridlington Spa, an iconic entertainment venue that has hosted famous performers such as The Beatles and The Rolling Stones.
- Bridlington is known for its fish and chips, with several award-winning fish and chip shops located in the town.
- The town is also famous for its seafood, with fresh fish and shellfish caught daily by local fishermen.
- Bridlington has a rich maritime history, with fishing and shipbuilding being important industries for many years.
- The town is home to several historic landmarks, including the Bridlington Priory, the Bayle Museum, and the Harbour Heritage Museum.
- Bridlington is a popular destination for birdwatchers, with the nearby Bempton Cliffs nature reserve being home to thousands of seabirds.
- The town has a range of accommodation options, including hotels, guest houses, and self-catering cottages.
- Bridlington is well-connected by road and rail, with excellent transport links to nearby towns and cities.
- The town has a range of independent shops and boutiques, selling everything from handmade crafts to designer fashion.
- Bridlington is a popular destination for families, with a range of family-friendly attractions and activities on offer.
- The town has several parks and gardens, including the Sewerby Hall and Gardens and the Bridlington Animal Park.
- Bridlington is home to several excellent schools, including the Bridlington School and Sports College and the Headlands School and Community Science College.
- The town is home to several sports teams, including the Bridlington Town F.C. and the Bridlington Cricket Club.
- Bridlington has a range of restaurants and cafes, serving everything from traditional British cuisine to international dishes.
- The town is a popular location for fishing, with several fishing trips and charters available from the harbour.
- Bridlington is a popular location for water sports, including surfing, kayaking, and paddleboarding.
- The town has several annual events and festivals, including the Bridlington Spa Soul Weekender and the Bridlington Old Town 1940s Festival.
- Bridlington is surrounded by beautiful countryside, including the Yorkshire Wolds and the North York Moors.
- The town has a strong sense of community, with several active community groups and organizations.
- Bridlington is home to several social enterprises and cooperatives, including a community-owned cinema and a community-run garden.
- The town is a popular location for TV and film production, with several shows and movies having been filmed in the area.
- Bridlington is a beautiful and welcoming town, with a rich history, stunning scenery, and a range of attractions and activities to suit all ages and interests.