Welcome to the charming village of Rimswell, nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale offers a unique blend of rural tranquility and rich history, making it an ideal destination for tourists seeking a peaceful retreat. With its picturesque landscapes, traditional English architecture, and close proximity to the bustling market town of Withernsea, Rimswell provides a delightful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Whether you’re a history enthusiast, nature lover, or simply looking for a serene getaway, Rimswell, East Yorkshire has something to offer everyone.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Rimswell
- Rimswell is a small village located in East Yorkshire, England.
- The village is part of the civil parish of Rimswell.
- It is situated approximately 2 miles north-west from the town of Withernsea.
- Rimswell is part of the East Riding of Yorkshire council ward.
- The village is surrounded by open farmland, typical of the Holderness landscape.
- Historically, Rimswell was part of the Holderness Wapentake, a division of the historic county of Yorkshire.
- The village has a small population, with less than 500 residents as of the last census.
- Rimswell does not have many amenities, but it does have a local pub called the ‘Rimswell Inn’.
- The village is named after a well that is located on the edge of the village, known as ‘Rimswell’.
- Despite its small size, Rimswell has a rich history with evidence of settlement dating back to the Roman times.
Rimswell on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Rimswell, East Yorkshire
Where is Rimswell located in East Yorkshire?
Rimswell is a small village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 2 miles north-west from the town of Withernsea.
What are some notable attractions in Rimswell, East Yorkshire?
Rimswell is a quiet and peaceful village, perfect for those who enjoy countryside walks. Nearby, in Withernsea, you can visit the Withernsea Lighthouse Museum and the RAF Holmpton Visit the Bunker Museum.
What are the transportation options in Rimswell, East Yorkshire?
The village is accessible by car and there are local bus services that connect Rimswell with Withernsea and other nearby towns. The nearest train station is in Hull, which is about 20 miles away.
After exploring the quaint village of Rimswell in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The bustling market town of Beverley is a must-visit, known for its stunning Minster, historic buildings, and vibrant festivals. Nature lovers should head to Spurn Point, a unique coastal reserve with diverse wildlife and beautiful landscapes. The city of Hull, with its rich maritime history, museums, and art galleries, is also a short drive away. For a peaceful retreat, visit the picturesque village of Bishop Burton, famous for its beautiful lake and traditional English cottages. Lastly, don’t miss out on the charming seaside town of Bridlington, perfect for a relaxing day at the beach.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.