Welcome to Willerby, a charming village nestled in the heart of East Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale offers a unique blend of rich history, picturesque landscapes, and warm hospitality. Whether you’re a history buff, nature enthusiast, or simply looking for a peaceful getaway, Willerby’s serene environment, historical landmarks, and close proximity to the bustling city of Hull make it an ideal destination for tourists seeking an authentic British countryside experience.
Table of Contents
Fact Pack – Willerby
- Willerby is a village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated approximately five miles to the west of the city of Kingston upon Hull.
- The village was first mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086.
- Willerby is part of the civil parish of Willerby and Kirk Ella.
- The village is home to a number of amenities including shops, restaurants, and a hotel.
- Willerby has a population of around 7,500 people.
- It is served by several bus routes connecting it to Hull and other nearby towns and villages.
- Willerby has a number of educational institutions, including Willerby Carr Lane Primary School and Wolfreton School.
- The village has a public park, Willerby Carr Lane Park, which includes a children’s playground and sports facilities.
- Willerby is also home to the Willerby Methodist Church, which dates back to the 19th century.
Willerby on the map
Frequently Asked Questions about Willerby, East Yorkshire
Where is Willerby, East Yorkshire located?
Willerby is a village located in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 5 miles to the west of the city centre of Kingston upon Hull.
What are some notable attractions in Willerby, East Yorkshire?
Willerby has several attractions including the Willerby Carr Lane Park, a popular spot for outdoor activities. The village is also close to the Humber Bridge, one of the world’s longest single-span suspension bridges.
What are the transportation options in Willerby, East Yorkshire?
Willerby is well-served by public transport with regular bus services connecting it to Hull city centre and other nearby towns and villages. The nearest train station is in Cottingham, about 3 miles away.
After exploring Willerby in East Yorkshire, there are several nearby places worth visiting. The historic city of Kingston upon Hull, often referred to as Hull, is just a short drive away and offers a wealth of attractions including the Deep, one of the UK’s largest aquariums, and the Hull Maritime Museum. Beverley, another nearby town, is known for its stunning Minster and historic racecourse. The East Yorkshire coast is also within easy reach, with the charming seaside towns of Bridlington and Hornsea offering beautiful beaches and traditional seaside entertainment. For nature lovers, the Yorkshire Wolds and Humber Bridge Country Park offer stunning landscapes and walking trails.
See more cities, towns and villages in East Yorkshire.