With bank holiday season upon us it’s only right that the focus has fallen upon the most popular single-day-trip in Yorkshire: a day in York.
This series of helpful tips can help you get the most out of your stay, and of course, don’t forget to book an unforgettable river tour as part of the experience.
- 8 great hotels with family rooms in York
- The Ultimate Shopping Experience in York, UK
- Where to find the best brunch in York
- 11 of the Best Places to Drink in York
The UK has also welcomed President Biden this week and it was high time to take a looks at Yorkshire’s links to The Mayflower and the Yorkshire pilgrims who helped to found the modern-day United States.
Speaking of heads of state, the UK has an incredibly special weekend to share with the world: the coronation of King Charles II. Events are taking place across Yorkshire and the extra bank holiday weekend makes it a great time to book a mini-break.
For those in the UK, Malham was featured in the BBC’s Wild Isles series and the episode is currently available on iPlayer. Malham Cove is a draw for walker, geographers and Harry Potter fans alike.
There have been a lot of questions from tourists – keep sending them in, and our team will do their best to find the answers, but yes – the Roman Bath Hotel does indeed have a kettle in the room!
Table of Contents
New events from this week
Something for everyone:
- Internationally acclaimed soprano, Cathleen McGowan performs in Austerfield – 22nd April
- Screening of the Coronation of His Majesty, King Charles III – 6th May
- Coronation Gala/ Street Party– 6th May
- The Big Help Out: BD1 Litter Pick – 8th May
- The North Leeds Food Festival 2023: A Springtime Feast – 13th May
- Harrogate Food & Drink Festival 2023: A Feast on The Stray – 25th June
- Riverside Food and Drink Festival Wetherby 2023: A Feast on The Ings – 6th August
- Harrogate Food & Drink Festival: The Bank Holiday Feast – 26th August
More seasonal inspiration
21 Places to Cycle in Yorkshire
Get inspiration for your next ride.
Use the form below to get weekly news from Welcome to Yorkshire:
Weekly Public Newsletter
Sign up for a weekly round-up of news, competitions and events in Yorkshire.