The Go Racing in Yorkshire Summer Festival 2014
The Go Racing in Yorkshire Summer Festival runs for one week from 19th until 27th July with racing staged at 8 of the Yorkshire racecourses. The Festival, now in its 7th year, offers something for everyone including; family days at Redcar and Pontefract, Fashion shows at Beverley and live music at York with plenty of thrilling racing and entertainment at all of Yorkshire's superb racecourses.
There's a unique Go Racing in Yorkshire Ultimate Racing Experience event taking place on Tuesday 22nd July with a visit to Middleham, North Yorkshire. This organised event includes yard and gallop visits, lunch and coach travel.
New for 2014 is the Go Racing in Yorkshire Road Show. A great opportunity to find out about racing; what do horses eat, how tall is a jockey, have a go at race riding on the equicisor (mechanical horse) - have you got what it takes to be the next top jockey? Horse Racing is a great day out for everyone, fun for all the family and unbeatable value too - take the children to the races completely free of charge for a day packed with fun attractions, as well as top quality action.
The Festival charity is New Beginnings; a Yorkshire based community interest company that provides a safe and supportive environment for ex racehorses. New Beginnings will be bringing some former Yorkshire racing favourites to each course* during the Festival Week. Come and meet the New Beginnings Team and see for yourself the wonderful work they do as well as meeting some of the horses in their care.
Simply pre-book your ticket for the races by clicking on the racecourse of your choice below.
July 2014 Festival dates
- Saturday 19th July, Ripon (Opening Day) Race Meeting
- Sunday 20th July, Redcar Race meeting (Help the Heroes Family Fun Day)
- Monday 21st July, Beverley (Eve) Race Meeting
- Wednesday 23d July, Catterick Race Meeting
- Thursday 24th July, Doncaster (Eve) Race Meeting
- Friday 25th July, Thirsk Race Meeting
- Friday 25h July, York (Eve) Race Meeting followed by the Beach Boys performing live after racing
- Saturday 26th July, York Sky Bet Race Day Meeting followed by Wet Wet Wet performing live after racing
- Sunday 27th July, Pontefract Race Meeting (Family Fun Day and last festival day including Championship presentations to leading jockey and trainer of the Festival)
THE ULTIMATE RACING EXPERIENCE
If you like racing then you'll love this year's special event - The Ultimate Racing Experience. Join like-minded individuals for an organised trip to one of the largest training areas in the country; Middleham. The visit takes place on the only day of the Festival week without racing; Tuesday 22nd July. Visit the yards of Karl Burke and Philip Kirby, watch horses train on the gallops, followed by a light lunch at the Richard III in Middleham before returning to Wetherby Racecourse for a behind the scenes tour of the racecourse. Lunch and coach travel to and from Wetherby are included in the £25 per person ticket price.
PLACES ARE LIMITED SO BOOK EARLY: CALL 01937 580051 FOR TICKETS.
For the latest information follow us on Twitter @YorkshireRacing and become a fan or visit www.goracing.co.uk
*except Redcar as its Help Heroes Charity Day