Welcome to Oulton, a charming village located in West Yorkshire, England. This quaint locale is steeped in history, with its roots tracing back to the Domesday Book of 1086. Oulton is a place where the past and present coexist harmoniously, offering visitors a unique blend of historical landmarks, such as the Grade II listed Oulton Hall, and modern amenities. Surrounded by lush greenery and picturesque landscapes, it’s an ideal destination for those seeking a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Whether you’re a history buff, nature lover, or simply looking for a peaceful retreat, Oulton has something to offer everyone.
Table of Contents
Accommodation in Oulton
Fact Pack – Oulton, West Yorkshire
- Oulton is a village in the City of Leeds metropolitan borough, West Yorkshire, England.
- It is situated between Leeds and Wakefield.
- Oulton was historically a part of the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- The village is known for its Georgian and Victorian architecture.
- Oulton Hall, a Grade II listed building, is one of the notable landmarks in the village.
- The village is home to the Oulton Raiders rugby league team.
- Oulton has a population of approximately 3,000 people.
- The village is served by Woodlesford railway station, which provides direct services to Leeds and Sheffield.
- Oulton is surrounded by farmland and has several walking trails for nature lovers.
- The village has a number of amenities including shops, pubs, and a primary school.
Oulton, West Yorkshire, on the map
FAQs About Oulton, West Yorkshire
Where is Oulton located in West Yorkshire?
Oulton is located in the city of Leeds, in the metropolitan county of West Yorkshire, England.
What are some notable landmarks in Oulton, West Yorkshire?
Some notable landmarks in Oulton include the Oulton Hall, a Grade II listed building now serving as a luxury hotel, and the St John the Evangelist Church, a Victorian-era church.
What is the population of Oulton, West Yorkshire?
The population of Oulton is not specifically recorded as it is a part of the Rothwell ward in Leeds. However, the population of Rothwell ward, which includes Oulton, was approximately 21,500 as of the 2011 census.
Where Next after Oulton, West Yorkshire?
Having visited the charming village of Oulton in West Yorkshire, you might be wondering where to head next. A short drive away is the vibrant city of Leeds, known for its rich industrial heritage and bustling shopping districts. You could also explore the historic town of Wakefield, home to the Hepworth Wakefield art gallery and the beautiful Wakefield Cathedral. If you’re a nature lover, the Yorkshire Dales National Park is a must-visit, offering stunning landscapes and numerous hiking trails. Alternatively, you could head to the coastal town of Scarborough in North Yorkshire for a relaxing day at the beach. Don’t miss out on visiting the medieval city of York, where you can walk along the ancient city walls and visit the iconic York Minster.