Discover the beauty of North Yorkshire’s coastline from The Grand Scarborough, an iconic hotel offering breathtaking sea views, elegant rooms, and exceptional service. Book your stay now on Yorkshire.com and experience the best of Scarborough and beyond.
Scarborough is one of England’s oldest and best loved seaside towns, and The Grand Hotel is an iconic and archetypal hotel at it’s heart.
Table of Contents
10 Fast Facts
- The Grand Hotel Scarborough is an iconic Victorian hotel located on Scarborough’s South Bay in North Yorkshire.
- The hotel’s impressive architecture and stunning seafront location make it a popular landmark in the area.
- The Grand Hotel Scarborough has 413 rooms, including standard, executive, and deluxe rooms, as well as suites and apartments.
- The hotel features several restaurants and bars, including the Harbour Lights Restaurant and the Empress Suite.
- The Grand Hotel Scarborough offers a range of meeting and event spaces, accommodating up to 1,500 guests.
- The hotel has a rich history, having been originally built in 1867 and undergone several renovations over the years.
- The Grand Hotel Scarborough has been featured in several films and TV shows, including the BBC’s “Little Voice” and “The Royal.”
- The hotel is located within walking distance of many of Scarborough’s top attractions, including the beach, the castle, and the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
- The Grand Hotel Scarborough is a popular wedding venue, with several stunning function rooms and event spaces available for hire.
- The hotel offers stunning views of the North Yorkshire coastline, making it a popular destination for beachgoers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Chosen as one of Historic England’s, seven wonders of the English seaside as featured in the Daily Mail
Located in the town centre and built in 1863, the Grand Hotel Scarborough takes pride of place overlooking the town’s picturesque harbour and South Bay. This stunning Victorian building is a landmark instantly recognisable and stands out amongst the other Hotels in Scarborough. it is an ideal hotel in which to enjoy the beautiful sandy beaches, promenade walks and all that Scarborough has to offer.
The Harbour Lights Restaurant, which is the hotel’s main restaurant, provides stunning views of the harbour and offers a breakfast buffet and traditional English meals throughout the day, while the Premier restaurant has a more intimate atmosphere offering a premium menu. If you are looking for accommodation in Scarborough
Our Café Java serves light lunches and afternoon tea, whilst the hotel’s two bars offer a relaxed and chilled atmosphere.
LIVE entertainment is available every night in the hotel’s stunning ballroom, with dazzling cabaret shows featuring professional dancers and entertainers dressed in stunning costumes.
- Disabled Access
- Pets Accepted
- Child Friendly
Property Description – Booking.com
Overlooking Scarborough’s Harbor and South Bay, The Grand is a Victorian hotel with sea views. The Grand has evening entertainment 365 days of the year in its stunning Cabaret Ballroom.
Close to the promenade, the Grand has bedrooms with private bathrooms, TVs and tea/coffee making facilities. Some have sea views and some Premier rooms have spa baths.
The Harbor Lights Restaurant looks out over the water and offers a breakfast buffet and traditional English meals throughout the day. The Coffee Shop serves light lunches and afternoon tea.
The Cabaret Ballroom plays host to nightly live music and bingo. Sandy beaches are nearby while The Scarborough Spa and Scarborough Train Station are both less than 500 m away.
Built in 1863 The Grand Scarborough was designed around a theme of time. Seasons, months, weeks and days are symbolized in the 4 towers, 12 floors, 52 chimneys and originally 365 bedrooms.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.2 for a two-person trip.
The Grand Scarborough has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 1 Aug 2005
- Hotel chain/brand: Britannia Hotels
- Top Location: Highly rated by recent guests (8.3)
- Breakfast Info – Continental, Full English/Irish, Buffet
- Loyal Customers – There are more repeat guests here than most other properties.